SLEE SliderSteps for your +’10 Lexus GX460/ +’10 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got the message today but they are already out of stock...

I got the message today but they are already out of stock...

Wow those are nice! I like how they mount up underneath.

The problem is they don't produce them in house so they get a shipment of 10-30 and they sell out in hours or a few days at most. This has long been a struggle with Slee. It's not been until the last few years that you can easily get stuff for the 80 from them and that's because they have died off in popularity due to age. I doubt this will ever change and the only chance you have of getting stuff from them is to get the email notifications and hope like hell that you notice them right away.

The problem is they don't produce them in house so they get a shipment of 10-30 and they sell out in hours or a few days at most. This has long been a struggle with Slee. It's not been until the last few years that you can easily get stuff for the 80 from them and that's because they have died off in popularity due to age. I doubt this will ever change and the only chance you have of getting stuff from them is to get the email notifications and hope like hell that you notice them right away.

Any idea who makes them and or if there’s another source?

No clue. I don't think they will divulge that info lol.

We strive to have things on the shelf ready to go. The issue right now is with reduced fabrication capacity, material shortages and way higher demand than what we anticipated we are struggling to keep all items in stock all the time. We have upped batches as much as we practically can to try to catch up with demand. The other issue with making large batches of items that have to sit on the shelf is warehousing. It is a fine balance between having products in stock, having enough space to warehouse them and timing a market that is very unstable right now.

As for the 80 stuff, we actually produce way more stuff now than we have ever done before. Still a hugely popular market.

We never take peoples money before we are ready to ship the products. I have seen to many companies get in trouble when something goes wrong and they can not deliver on time, but they have collected a bunch of deposits. Hence the email notification system. It is pretty much a first come first serve basis.

That said, a batch of 20 of these sliders will become available on the site in about a week or so. These might sell fast, but I do not believe they will all sell out in the first day based on the number of people signed up to be notified.

This is not excuses, just an attempt to put some clarity on product availability.

We strive to have things on the shelf ready to go. The issue right now is with reduced fabrication capacity, material shortages and way higher demand than what we anticipated we are struggling to keep all items in stock all the time. We have upped batches as much as we practically can to try to catch up with demand. The other issue with making large batches of items that have to sit on the shelf is warehousing. It is a fine balance between having products in stock, having enough space to warehouse them and timing a market that is very unstable right now.

As for the 80 stuff, we actually produce way more stuff now than we have ever done before. Still a hugely popular market.

We never take peoples money before we are ready to ship the products. I have seen to many companies get in trouble when something goes wrong and they can not deliver on time, but they have collected a bunch of deposits. Hence the email notification system. It is pretty much a first come first serve basis.

That said, a batch of 20 of these sliders will become available on the site in about a week or so. These might sell fast, but I do not believe they will all sell out in the first day based on the number of people signed up to be notified.

This is not excuses, just an attempt to put some clarity on product availability.

I wasn't complaining, just letting the man know the process as far as I know it. I actually prefer waiting for a release and getting lucky versus waiting 4-6 months or more for my specific build number, it feels more like hunting that way lol. The 80 stuff is what originally turned me on to the brand.

Having had a couple of 100 series LC's, I'm a big proponent for Slee and have used in for those Landcruisers, but I have to admit that I'm not really a fan of not having any loops/openings along the length of the slider. But that's me and my off roading may be a bit more than what you'd do. :meh:

Well, hell... Apparently "in stock" comes with a 3+ week shipping backlog. May reconsider my order. No mention of that on the website at the time of ordering, now not going to ship until the end of the month. That's not what I expect from the premiere, and premiere priced, offering...

Well, hell... Apparently "in stock" comes with a 3+ week shipping backlog. May reconsider my order. No mention of that on the website at the time of ordering, now not going to ship until the end of the month. That's not what I expect from the premiere, and premiere priced, offering...
I think a lot of places are starting to get like this. I spoke with a company about ordering some 700lb springs for my coilovers and was told “yeah we have 3 pairs in stock and they’ll ship out tomorrow.” but 2 days later I get an email stating they’re on backorder with no response to my follow up email. I understand stuff is hard to get, but these companies need to be upfront about these issues.

Had a buddy order their sliders for the LX570 a few weeks back immediately upon getting the in-stock email on a Friday, come Monday morning he had an email saying they canceled his order. I guess the system allowed them to be over sold? Crappy deal regardless.

These sorts of customer service hiccups are just about intolerable. And the money we all spend for these items these companies need to get their S together a bit better.

Reactions: r2m
Having had a couple of 100 series LC's, I'm a big proponent for Slee and have used in for those Landcruisers, but I have to admit that I'm not really a fan of not having any loops/openings along the length of the slider. But that's me and my off roading may be a bit more than what you'd do. :meh:
Exactly! With the ability to attach a strap, winch line extension or soft shackle you can turn a rock slider into a recovery point.

These sorts of customer service hiccups are just about intolerable. And the money we all spend for these items these companies need to get their S together a bit better.

I have visited a bunch of venders the past year, ALL of them are insanely busy. Most of them have a dozen or less employees. Some of the larger more well established have less than 30. When 330 million people get told to shut down their life and stay home with govment money in pocket plus the rest of the world things get sold out quickly.

I bought my GX February 28th last year, thinking that this virus thing is kinda getting big, February 29th I sat on my couch and order $17,000 in parts and still took many months to receive everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom