slee slider install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took a look underneath my 100 this morning to look at removing the stock step rails. I noticed on the passengers side the rear ac tubes. In particular in the front as the tubes exit the body and make there way over the frame rail the have this u shape and block easy access to the first set of bolts holding on the step rails. So my question...

Has anyone removed the step rails from a 100 with the rear AC option, any best know methods?

Second if you have installed the Slee Sliders does the rear ac tubing cause any issues?

I called SleeoffRoad this morning and they said the 100 sliders are compatible with later models (there website mentions only 98-02)

yup, took my stock boards off, the AC wasnt an issue, on the Slider install.....it must have not been an issue.........because I don't remember a problem, this was a 2000 LC

I have rear AC on my LX and have removed the running boards. Like John, I don't remember any issues. Stop asking questions and just do it. ;)

Same story...my '99 has rr A/C...easily removed my facto steps and replaced with my own...no problem or mods on mine.

Got it, thanks... looks like I have a project for tonight, thanks...

rzpapp said:
Got it, thanks... looks like I have a project for tonight, thanks...

For the LX (LC probably the same) you need to remove the AC line shroud first to make it easy. It takes a 10mm. I've got the instructions as a PDF if you want them tonight PM me with your email.

Tad

I never had factory steps, but I did just remove some tube steps from mine and there was no problem around the AC tubes. Just be careful.

That reminds me, I gotta sell these steps when I get back if anyone is interested.

There off... tabraha thanks for the pdf, it was helpful especially in the sequence.

Awesome, glad it helped. I meant to tell you to wear goggles. I kept getting mud falling off of mine into my eyes. That may have been a byproduct of the infamous pond incident I had a while back. :D

Ok, how about some pics of the installed sliders?

So no slider install yet but look here is the the quickest (and cheapest) way to get a 2" lift. Remove the running boards and put on mud flaps. Same height but to the eye it looks higher off the ground...
cruzwe2.JPG

To the eye, that is true. Just took my tubes off and I gained like 6" :D

Last edited:
rzpapp said:
So no slider install yet but look here is the the quickest (and cheapest) way to get a 2" lift.

To the eye of 100 series owners that already have Slee Slider installed.

"here is the the quickest (and cheapest) way to get a 2" lift"
translation:
"here is the the quickest (and expensive) way to go to body shop." :frown:

Regards,

Yeah sliders need to go in.... gonna wait till get the lift... I like this bare look (kinda old skool r4unner). Plus my off roading is mostly 1-4 FR's (fire roads) here in AZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom