Slee Off Road 6" Lift Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phxds.com
Well, I finaly got my lift and goodies in Last thursday. I started working on the lift myself yesterday (Saterday) and finished the front end with in about 12 hours. Had a bit of trouble removing/replacing the stearing stablizer.... :censor: Other than that, it went togeather fairly well. Would have been easyer with instructions for everything.
Well, today is sunday... I came back to finish her up.
I come to find out that I got the wrong set of bushings and spacers in one of my shock sets... thier too big. all the others are normal size. I also wonder about where to use the round spacers, and where might the large rectangle aluminum spacers go... Only place I see might be to lower the bump stop... As far as the round ones... I havent a clue. :confused:
Any one in phoenix Az know where I might beable to get a set of old man emu bushings and spacers so I can finish bolting back up my rear end?
I really dont want to take the spacers off the front to finish the back... but ... I know it will be easyer to redo the front shocks ... then to have to mess with the rear ones again after shes all buttoned up.
-Ron

man, what's with ARB. They sure do seem to do a lot of incorrect packing....
Too much Foster's?

Let us know how you make out.. and some PICS,,, ITS to bad some of us did knot live closer I'd be thier in heart beet to help .. sory man did you have a tie rod poller its the best for the front stablizer info for next time..

Tie rod puller huh,.....
No.. dont have one of thoes... after screwing with it for over an hour... i got pissed.. went inside grabed a larger diesel sized bearing puller with 2 jaws... set it up there and hit it with the impact... good thing no one was in front..cause it poped out and flew across the shop... after that ... I took the other end to the vise and beat the :censor: out of it with an 8lb hammer till it poped out... same going back in. ... the bad part was when i tried to use the same method to get it out.. to get it back in... so.. I buggered about 4 sets of threads... had to grind , fix, brush, etc... evduntally... I used washers and an impact to pull it in.
so... I wont be changing that again... least not untill I break it.
Ill post picts sometime next week or so... have to wait for film to be developed..

Does anyone know if the extra long spacer blocks are to lower the bump stops?

Any one else have a guess on the round spacers.... they almost look like they are for a body lift.

Other than that... im all done with the lift ... took about 15-18hrs for a do it your self job... Looks good... little funny with the stock tires... Cant wait for my wheels to come in.
Ill post pictures asap.

-Ron

Last edited:
Hmmm... does that mean that I have to take the Front springs back out inorder to put thoes in ... or can I do it while they are in place???

Thank you much for the reply.
Great kit, well thought out, and well worth the $$$

wow...I wish I could of helped. I plan to get this lift sometime soon....I hope!! Have you gone to any of the CSC meets?....hope to see you some time. and congrats on the lift.

No, I have not yet... I was gonna go the last one .. but I got my lift the night before... and I wanted to ready the shop for the morning... Though.. I didnt think it was going to take 2 days...
I drug my wife along and she watched so I wouldent kill myself or anything... Next is a lift for her Tacoma.
Unless im out of town, Ill make it to the next meeting. Look forward to meeting you all.

:cheers: When we get the new toys we allways want to play before we read the instructions ...LOL .. I did the same thing with my lift,, LOL its nice to see I'm knot alone.. good luck and ya get that film developed. My wife has a 98 Tacoma with 35s and she loves it .. ME 94 fj80 35s ...

Project FJ80 said:
Hmmm... does that mean that I have to take the Front springs back out inorder to put thoes in ... or can I do it while they are in place???

Thank you much for the reply.
Great kit, well thought out, and well worth the $$$

Yes, this is my bad for not having the instructions done. I will work on it that week. There is a 8mm bolt that goes in the from the bottom of the rubber snubber. Remove the bolt, then install spacer between the metal code and the rubber snubber and metal cap. Use the longer bolt provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom