Builds Skorcher's GX Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been lurking the forum for a while and finally decided to post a thread of my own build. I had a 2005 GX 470 which I sold last month with an OME 3" lift. Great truck, could get through anything I threw at her, but it was getting up there in miles and once I finished paying it off it was time for an upgrade. I sold her 4 years after picking her up for the same amount I originally picked it up for. (Market is crazy!)

Now on to the new! In April I picked up a 2015 GX 460 with 87k miles on the clock, bone stock. This thing was in excellent condition, no rust and probably never seen an off-road trail in its life.
In the first evening I took out the stock rockers, I couldn't stand the soccer-mom look of the truck with them on. Then I started looking at mods and fell deep down that hole. Here is a list of parts I ordered:

Vision Offroad Se7en 416 Rims in Satin Black with a milled gray ring 17x9 +12 offset
BFGoodrich KO2 A/T tires 285/75R17
Crawl Control and MTS (love this forum for having it on a sticky)
Icon 3" lift kit with an adjustable panhard bar and wrench
ARB skid plates
Metaltech rock sliders
Metaltech BMC kit
Victory 4x4 roof rack with lightbar cutout
Victory 4x4 Blitz front bumper
Goose Gear 3rd row delete kit

Still waiting on the rock sliders, the 3rd row delete kit and the front bumper, but the rest of the parts are on as of today.

On to the pics!

20210427_161732.jpg

20210418_095658.jpg

20210427_141846.jpg

20210516_081553.jpg

20210516_122912.jpg

20210516_185424.jpg

20210517_132125.jpg

20210517_132205.jpg

20210517_132146.jpg

20210517_132137.jpg

I still need to figure out what to do about a rear tire carrier, whether it will be a whole new bumper with a swingout arm or a trailer-hitch style carrier. Most rear bumpers for the GX look too bulky and ugly, but I don't mind Coastal Offroad's offering. Really hoping that Victory 4x4 rear bumper will come out nicely as well.

Also need to pull the trigger on a light bar, but I may wait until I get the front bumper so I can install both the light bar in the front and the one on the roof rack at the same time.

Looking good! :cheers:
Maybe think about trimming the front and rear bumpers for approach/departure angles??

Looking good! :cheers:
Maybe think about trimming the front and rear bumpers for approach/departure angles??
Thanks! I'm going to trim the front as part of the Victory 4x4 Blitz bumper install once that arrives. As far as the rear, I think my lowest point is the trailer hitch. Another reason to go with an aftermarket bumper I guess..

Good to see another built 460 in AZ! :cheers:

Great looking GX! Looking at yours makes me really want to take off my running boards. What garage lift do you have? I'm looking for a lift solution for my garage but can't make up my mind.

Great looking GX! Looking at yours makes me really want to take off my running boards. What garage lift do you have? I'm looking for a lift solution for my garage but can't make up my mind.
The install actually took place at one of my best friends' house, who is a Lexus master mechanic. He has the Quickjack BL-7000 EXT jacks with the truck adapter kit. He works on side projects all the time and having it is extremely convenient, especially when working on lifted trucks.

Last edited:
How do those 34" tires fit for you? Good looking build so far!

How do those 34" tires fit for you? Good looking build so far!
They fit great! The BMC is a must to get them, and the fronts of the front fender liner will need to be slightly pushed back with a heat gun to prevent rubbing while turning. I have yet to finish doing that but there is plenty of room for them to be pushed so it should be a very easy process.

The Victory 4x4 roof rack looks so good and adds a lot character to the car. How is the wind noise on the highway?

The Victory 4x4 roof rack looks so good and adds a lot character to the car. How is the wind noise on the highway?
I checked out every available rack for the GX before I decided on Victory 4x4's - it was the best looking one and very high quality. Honestly I can't tell the difference in wind noise after putting the rack on.

Looks good! Which Metal Tech sliders did you go with? I’m waiting on the non-opor ones for mine. Hoping they get shipped out later this week.

Got the Goose Gear 3rd row delete kit installed today. Good looking kit, but didn't come with instructions and the hardware supplied wasn't great. I ended up using a better set of long black bolts as well as black wood screws for the side panels. I didn't attach the side panels to the main board. Also for those installing this kit - the metal brackets will need to be bent upwards in order to line up with the holes they bolt up to. Not sure why they weren't shaped correctly from the manufacturer but it's easy enough to do.

20210606_155058.jpg

20210606_155103.jpg

20210607_180034.jpg

20210607_180041.jpg

I don't see a point in keeping the rear seatbelts anymore.. Any suggestions on how to remove the top piece that holds the retracting mechanism?

I've been lurking the forum for a while and finally decided to post a thread of my own build. I had a 2005 GX 470 which I sold last month with an OME 3" lift. Great truck, could get through anything I threw at her, but it was getting up there in miles and once I finished paying it off it was time for an upgrade. I sold her 4 years after picking her up for the same amount I originally picked it up for. (Market is crazy!)

Now on to the new! In April I picked up a 2015 GX 460 with 87k miles on the clock, bone stock. This thing was in excellent condition, no rust and probably never seen an off-road trail in its life.
In the first evening I took out the stock rockers, I couldn't stand the soccer-mom look of the truck with them on. Then I started looking at mods and fell deep down that hole. Here is a list of parts I ordered:

Vision Offroad Se7en 416 Rims in Satin Black with a milled gray ring 17x9 +12 offset
BFGoodrich KO2 A/T tires 285/75R17
Crawl Control and MTS (love this forum for having it on a sticky)
Icon 3" lift kit with an adjustable panhard bar and wrench
ARB skid plates
Metaltech rock sliders
Metaltech BMC kit
Victory 4x4 roof rack with lightbar cutout
Victory 4x4 Blitz front bumper
Goose Gear 3rd row delete kit

Still waiting on the rock sliders, the 3rd row delete kit and the front bumper, but the rest of the parts are on as of today.

On to the pics!

View attachment 2677042

View attachment 2677043

View attachment 2677044

View attachment 2677055

View attachment 2677056

View attachment 2677060

View attachment 2677061

View attachment 2677063

View attachment 2677064

View attachment 2677066

What vehicle lift is this? What is the maximum weight it can lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom