Signal lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
70 40 Cruiser is going into the garage as soon as I get it cleaned out and hopefully major overhaul. Just wondering if anyone has replaced the stock signal lights with something. All the ones I have seen are either small marker type lights or huge stupid looking things. I keep hitting things and they keep breaking off(If you are wondering why the change) I would like something that looks like it belongs there.

(Or maybe I should just get some driving lessons.)

[quote author=Eternal link=board=1;threadid=11144;start=msg100861#msg100861 date=1076136124]
(Or maybe I should just get some driving lessons.)[/quote]
Bwahahaha

I am using a poly body housing lamp from Carquest that has a lense that pops on and off. Nice thing about these is the durability of the housing, lense, and the low price compared to other light options. I have mine mounted on the rear crossmember. While I have destroyed lenses and housings, for the most part, I can get two years or so out of a body, and at least a year from a lense, unless I have a run of poor luck, which has been known to happen.

Some people use a flush mount lense assembly, commonly found on over the road trucks, and mount it into the body in the rear fender area, out of the reach of rocks and ledges. This is a metal housing unit, that bolts to the body, and has a single red lense. Another one is the longer rectangle unit found on trailers that is set into a rubber housing and is a sealed unit. These could be set into the crossmember, similar to how someones aftermarket bumper is designed(sorry I can not remember who makes it, but I know I have seen them) and seem to work out well also.

There are lots of pictures out here of the different styles used.

Oh, and while driving lessons may help with some things, if you have something mounted in a position that it can be damaged, odds on, it will end up that way...

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom