Side Fender "Land Cruiser" Emblems - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some of the Middle East 19 or 20 LC have the fender side emblem which similar to what Nissan or Land Rover does. So decided to order couple to see how it would look like on mine. I have not attached them permanently yet but posting some pictures. One is without emblem as a reference. On the fence with them. Thoughts?
IMG_3410.jpg
IMG_3411.jpg
IMG_3409.jpg
IMG_3408.jpg

I really like the look and wouldn't mind having a set of my own. Any suggestions on how/where to find them?

Reactions: HGB
I really like that look!

I put a set of 60 series emblems on my D pillar but I’m not as much of a fan as I thought I would be...one day I like, the next day I wonder why.

I do like them, not sure enough to make the commitment. Do they just stick on?

Your garage is way too neat & clean. Get some posters on the walls! Oil stains on the floor! A spare engine in the corner! You're making the rest of us look bad. :)

I do like them, not sure enough to make the commitment. Do they just stick on?

Your garage is way too neat & clean. Get some posters on the walls! Oil stains on the floor! A spare engine in the corner! You're making the rest of us look bad. :)

Lol I try to keep it clean. I have the flooring done because of stains previous owner did. Cheaper to put tiles then clean up the mess they did.

Yes, those have an adhesive tape so if you get bored you can remove them.

I don't need no stinkin' badges.

Cue Treasure of the Sierra Madre.... :hillbilly:

Kidding aside...
Do whatever pleases you. :)
You like it? Do it!

Personally, though, I kinda get a kick out of folks scratching their heads trying to figure out what the heck I’m driving...and they usually guess wrong. :hmm::grinpimp:

Last edited:
The only problem is that you have lots of Land Cruiser emblems/imprints already on the side.

Even the side of the headlights have “Land Cruiser”. The lower doors have Land Cruiser on the chrome trim. And now these emblems!

You REALLY want people to know that you drive a Land Cruiser, don’t you?! :D

The ONLY emblem that i am considering is: FULLTIME 4WD emblem

Last edited:
The simplicity and clean design is what makes the LC so darned classy. Anytime the stickers, emblems, and accouterments from AliExpress start making their way into your car it’s time to stop. I think SUVs and pickups start to look like little highschool boys cars when there’s a lot of ‘flare’ on them.

Totally agree on the "over badging" thing. For me it was that I drive an LX (lower cost, AHC and slightly upscale interior) and it has been debadged. I wanted to add something to the rear - hence the Land Cruiser w Toyota.

I guess I'm really a Toyota wannabe at heart :frown:

Don't forget these....

In the Middle East, on VX.R models (5.7L V8s), we also get 5.7 badges on the fender.
8195F34E-C931-4A2B-BA92-4B57ABBFBFDF.jpeg

F1C4C359-18AE-4FFA-8190-9D5FFB1AE3C1.jpeg

:idea: Why not get some of those Dodge "Hemi" badges? Imagine how much faster it will make the truck feel!

I wish Toyota had put some better badges from the factory distinguishing the Land Cruiser from the High Lander. Most people assume its a soccer mom's van instead of a militarized go anywhere beast. I did put Land Cruiser license plate frames, thats as far as I got. I think putting a nice TJM/ARB bumper is probably better than any badge (if it wouldn't kill gas mileage and top speed I would have done it).

Added badges:
What I show below won't work for places that require a government "approved" front plate, but it's my attempt to cover up the ugly (to me) area when there isn't a front plate installed. This is on the Heritage Edition TLC the wife & I recently picked up. Had a local boat shop cut a piece of 1/4-inch thick Starboard (brand name for what I think is HDPE) 4.5X14-inches, then mounted the emblem. Factory plate to body mount holes are 1/4-inch in diameter and 8-1/4-inches apart. The four holes for the badge are all also 1/4-inch diameter. Still have some work to to do on the corners to match the factory shape in the plate area. Also have an IH8MUD bumper sticker on lower left side of liftgate glass. Think I'm done for cosmetics.

full

Some of the Middle East 19 or 20 LC have the fender side emblem which similar to what Nissan or Land Rover does. So decided to order couple to see how it would look like on mine. I have not attached them permanently yet but posting some pictures. One is without emblem as a reference. On the fence with them. Thoughts? View attachment 2155504View attachment 2155505View attachment 2155506View attachment 2155507
Does it make you happy? If so, go for it. Who cares what anyone else thinks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom