Show off your 100 beast with 35's..... (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workout.jpg

35's looking positively tiny on the big girl! Old Ore Road in Big Bend NP a couple of weeks ago.

Did anyone consider running these tires? They are C load, 11.5” wide.

I did consider both of those but went toyos bc of the price and a little lighter. Load C for me will flex better Offroad and the sidewall is still a 3 ply sidewall with reinforcement. Make sure to check falken sidewall constructions but because it is a float size instead of metric it will have a different construction (in Toyos case stronger). Check load rating vs the E also and you may find it's not too much different.

Reactions: LCT
This thread and especially @GTV made me do it haha. I'll try and update once I flex test and can't wait to use them at Uhwarrie in a few weeks.
Don't feel much slower than I did before but will avoid driving any stock cruisers in the future ;).
Toyo AT3 35x11.5x17. Toyo measured height is 34.5 but actual height is just over 34. 2 inch gain from my 285/70/17 KO2! Also measured a BFG 35x12.5x17 KM3 and it was 34". Spare fits and is resting on the rear crossmember but does not hang too bad for now. Swing out project????
IMG_9957.jpeg
IMG_9962.jpeg
IMG_9960.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread and especially @GTV made me do it haha. I'll try and update once I flex test and can't wait to use them at Uhwarrie in a few weeks.
Don't feel much slower than I did before but will avoid driving any stock cruisers in the future ;).
Toyo AT3 35x11.5x17. Toyo measured height is 34.5 but actual height is just over 34. 2 inch gain from my 285/70/17 KO2! Also measured a BFG 35x12.5x17 KM3 and it was 34". Spare fits and is resting on the rear crossmember but does not hang too bad for now. Swing out project????
View attachment 3591564View attachment 3591565View attachment 3591566

Proportions look great!
Are these the zero or +25 offset method NVs ?

Proportions look great!
Are these the zero or +25 offset method NVs ?
Honestly not sure. I need to try and look at the codes on the rim to see but I think they are 25. They came when I got the truck originally.

I finally stepped up to 35s. If I'm being honest, I've wanted to do this since 2006! They look great, they're WAY quieter than my BFG KO3 MTs (but that's probably because those had some miles on them.) I'm not noticing a whole lot of difference in how it drives (old ones were 33s.) I'm actually feeling like it shifts to a lower gear sooner on inclines and doesn't bog down as much (maybe something with the PT conversion, it seemed to lag in downshifting after I installed that. But, most likely that is all in my head.)

Anyway, I don't have any rubbing on the pavement, but, man they sure are tight when they get stuffed up off-road. I have a progressive bump stop in the front and I dropped the second bump stop about 10mm (as much as I could and still get it threaded.) Pinch welds are hammered and plastic liner is trimmed up. I'm running about an 1.25" AHC lift so, I'm not sure if I need to lower the bump stops in the rear or not. But I think I will just in case. I'm basically going of @kreiten's GoldieHahn Build.

I'm pretty happy with how it feels so far. I will probably add the transfer case low reduction gear. I'm not sure yet if I'll feel the need to change the dif gearing.

IMG_6309.jpeg

IMG_6307.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom