Show me your deluxe kaymars! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I'd like to see some pictures of the deluxe kaymar. I've been less impressed with the picture quality from the kaymar site. So if anyone has good pictures of the deluxe rear bumper that would be nice.

Just for the sake of saving people the need to cross reference later on ...

-----This is Landtanks------
LC_2.jpg

I actually just put on a KAYMAR rear tire carrier designed for the OEM bumper ($515 from Man-a-Fre). Finished it up last weekend.

Eventually, i would like to get the FULL kaymar bumper..but i saved about $800 by going with just the OEM Bumper tire carrier.

[glow=red,2,300]Before [/glow] the FULL Kaymar..comes SLIDERS! :D

If you got some some pics, can you post them?

I tried for 4 months to get one of those Joe. Ended up calling the manufacturer who said NO WAY it would work, the tires are to heavy. Man-A-Fre said it wouldn't even bolt on. Now you got one :flipoff2:.

Got to have a look.

Joe,

Post the pix...I'd love to see them as well.

Frank.

Landtank,

I'm assuming you had it painted to match the front bumper? I like it.

Ok..here are the pics.
This was about a :banana: 1/2 :banana: job.
There wasnt anything difficult about it....it just took time. You have to remove the mud flap, bumper corner, tow hitch and some internal brackets. It took me a few hours to complete.
Sorry for the night pics..but, that is best i can do tonight.

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

Bracket under the gray bumper corner

Maybe if i remember i will try to take some day pics this weekend...but dont count on me remembering.

hasta..

Thanks Joe! I really like it!

Any drillings required ? How feasible is it to swing the spare aside for rear hatch access ? Is the rear license plate intact or you're gonna move it to the spare (CA law) ?

Frank.

There is MINOR drilling required. You have to drill a total of 3 holes. Two holes in the grey plastic corner for attachment bolts and one additional hole in the OEM tow bar if you have one. Other than that..the kaymar utilizes all the exitsing holes. Oh, you also have to grind off a small spacer plate that is welded to the OEM tow hitch. I grinded it off with my dremel in about 3 mins..not hard or difficult.

Regarding the license plate. I actually went to home depot and bought a pice of steel to relocated the plate to the left. If you look closely at the center of the tire (blue spot) Kaymar has a bracket for mounting a license plate. I didnt feel like mounting it to the spare.

Oh yeah..forgot.
you have to drill 4 small holes in the cross member for the latch bracket. again..no big deal.

How do you remove the plastic bumper corners? Mines are scraped and I would like to repaint them.

They are held on with a bunch of little sissy screws. They are easily removed in under 5 minutes per side. I repainted mine with bedliner after my little sister decided to drive her car up against the bumper of my truck. My truck looks fine. Her poor Accord did not fare so well. :'(

Thanks for the pics, helped out quite a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom