Show me your custom bullbar. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking to make a new custom bullbar because i took off the big crome thing off;p
The front looks vunarable so can some people show me there custom bullbars that they have made so i have something to go by.
Something easy would be good.
Thanks guys.:)

Thanks man that first one is nice!!!!
Keep them pics comeing guys :D

May be of interest.
Have fun viewing.
IMAG0068.jpg

Image013.jpg

Picture1.jpg
regards,
helimanBD.

Im looking to make a new custom bullbar because i took off the big crome thing off;p
The front looks vunarable so can some people show me there custom bullbars that they have made so i have something to go by.
Something easy would be good.
Thanks guys.:)
IMAG0068.jpg
Image013.jpg
Picture1.jpg

I knocked this thing together for my old rusty Canadian 70.

turned out ok, didn't cost much...:p

Middle bit is a warn winch mount plate that I had kickin around.
Nov 09 004.jpg

I knocked this thing together for my old rusty Canadian 70.

turned out ok, didn't cost much...:p

Middle bit is a warn winch mount plate that I had kickin around.

Hey mate looks good can you post a few more pics?:hmm:
Thanks.

these are all great pics of great bull bars - but unfortunately they don't show clearly how the bars are attached to the chassis - which is the critical part of the job

i do mine slightly different from most.
i also use the side fender frame horns to add extra support to the small main frame horns.
i bolt the bumper on using one main bolt through the main frame. 4 bolts to each main frame horn side. as well as 2 bolts for each fender frame horn.
total of 14 bolts hold it on although 6 would sufice, i like over kill when it comes to emergency retrieval mounting points.

hope this helps
bumper ready on the bench.jpg
installed PZJ705 bumper 006.jpg
installed PZJ705 bumper 008.jpg

Hey mate looks good can you post a few more pics?:hmm:
Thanks.

thanks, and here ya go...:cool:

these are all great pics of great bull bars - but unfortunately they don't show clearly how the bars are attached to the chassis - which is the critical part of the job

this is how I did it, kinda half done in that pic, need to put a bigger fish plate on the inside. at the time I still wasn't sure how I was going to be attaching the bumper, so I wanted to leave the bolt holes open. ended up not using them, so I'll put a bigger plate on the inside.

took me about a year to get around to finishing it off, mostly done, tho I haven't cleaned up the welds or given it a proper paint job yet. was kindof painting between rain storms...:doh:

cheers,
ryan
Frame extensions .jpg
Nov 09 003.jpg
Nov 09 001.jpg

Last edited:

You must not have looked at the link I provided because it clearly shows a step by step build of the bumper as well as all the mounting points. 16 bolts total, even got crushers beat! I have been accused of over kill before too

not my troopie. but heres one with a bit of over kill. If the outside barwork is not enough there is internal roll bars as well !!!!
PA050082.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom