Show me some Rock Lights and Scene Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang. I was really wanting the dual illumination option. Paint would have done the trick!

Ohhh... they also have them in cool white AND amber illumination. White housing, but I have a can of spray paint. Hmmm...

Ironically, I purchased this exact light for a trunk area flood. A little sandpaper and paint sticks to it just fine.
1594676017627.png

Great looking scene lights you got there.

I'm pulling together a ton of lighting including scene, rock, rear fogs, independent OEM fogs, and aftermarket spot fogs. Gotta give credit to the controller I'm using to make all this possible - SwitchPros. Really well thought out and an integrated solution combining the usual power and switching. The bonus stuff seems to be worth their weight in gold too including remote Bluetooth control, dimming, external triggers. I especially like the dimming function as I'm not afraid to go for the super bright stuff, as I can tone it down on demand.

If it helps anyone, here's how I've mapped out the functions. More detail here

1594681152132.png

Was considering scene lights to the rear. Decided to double duty the as delivered passive rear stock fog light elements for rear fogs and rear scene.

Rear fogs as I often traverse the tule fog through the central CA valley where the fog gets thick.

Yes it's red, but that's not a bad thing for nighttime. Separately, was thinking to also double duty the large rear backup lights on the LX for added scene lighting, but I'm getting enough light with just these fog elements.

Adding a socket and bulb to the fully fleshed out except for cut receptacle stock light fixture. 7/8" hole saw. Then dremel for the detail detents.

1594742353390.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the inspiration all. Finished the install of all too many lights.

New lighting elements include
1) Rock
2) Scene
3) Forward Spot
4) Rear Fogs

Also modified stock front lighting that I can have the full 3 sets of lights (4 including aftermarket spots) on simultaneously - headlight, fogs, highbeams. Stock would only allow any two at a time. All are fitted with high output H11 leds.

Complementing the 3 forward lights is a new pair of Rigid D-Pro Spots. Spots throwing ultra long which is a focus not existing in the stock elements. 4 total pairs of forward lighting is definitely getting the job done. All without looking much different than stock which is the way I prefer it.

1594963028378.png

1594962740734.png

1594962940758.png

Last edited:
New lighting elements include
1) Rock
2) Scene
3) Forward Spot
4) Rear Fogs

Nice! how many rock lights did it take for that spread?

I second this. I put a pair of Baja rock lights on my rear hatch so I could have bright white lite for certain things bit the bugs go crazy for them. I’m getting a second set of red to have for this reason.

would be nice if the Baja with push-buttons could be dual-mode...

You mention your hatch...
National Luna makes excellent white/red or white/amber lights for locations like hatch (I run them in mine). Much more diffuse...no harsh shadows while you work compared to single-point-source rock lights. Highly recommend.

Was planning on 8, with a light forward and rear of each tire. Worked out that I installed 10 due to the spacing of the lights in the harness. On each side, 3 under the stock steps, 1 rear of the rear tire, and 1 forward of the front tire. Recessed as possible as I dislike being able to see the elements directly. Used two of the following kits which were easy to install with 3M tape backed elements.

Going to take a couple of the extra light elements and install lighting under the hood.

Amazon product ASIN B017XFF9IM

Last edited:
How did you mount the lights near the fog lights?

How did you mount the lights near the fog lights?

I thought I took a pic of the bracket I made. Drew a picture instead.

As this is specific to the '08-'11 LX's, made a separate thread here

1595203638076.png

Scene lights on stock rack. Tried to keep this as low profile and stock looking as possible.

Made a stainless steel bracket (no chance for rust) that hangs onto the inside slot of the stock rail. Used some hardware left from an extra cross bar I had from my 100-series. I can slide it back and forth as necessary to adjust against the crossbars.

Controlled by SwitchPros which has a dimming function and Bluetooth control via phone. Looking forward to the next campout.

View attachment 2368636

View attachment 2368623
You inspired me to do the same. I didn't want to run another wire from my Switch Pro to the rear so installed two dimmer switches which also turn lights off. Blue Sea fuse block (hidden in jack compartment) in rear is controlled via Switch Pro. Waiting for another grommet to arrive so I can run power through the rear door to roof. Have spare aluminum sheet and will use to cut out brackets.

IMG_8235.jpeg

These are on sale. Normally $110 for the kit, but $75. I've been considering rock lights for a while and have been collecting them on my Amazon Truck wish list. I have not used them so I cannot speak to their quality/durability.

1596132689571.png

I've met the US vendor for Hard Korr multiple times. I bought one of the 19" light bars and installed that on my rear hatch. I like it since it has a diffuser, dimmer, and two colors (white and orange). I notched the little cover for the wire to come out and used VHB to just stick to the hatch itself. I'll try to get a pic and update this post at some point.
1596132584040.png

I’m cheap so I decided to move the lights from my Slee sliders up to my new Prinsu rack

8FDA5441-3346-408E-8E8F-3E8E19405DC2.jpeg

My plan is to tap the third row seat harness and reuse a fog light toggle switch that came with my bumper that I didn’t use:

Here’s a few on my rig.

- 8 rock lights tied to done circuit, two rear, three on each side under the @sleeoffroad sluders (override on Switchpro up front)
- 4 rigid SLR spreaders (2 on each side) amber glow/full white (controlled from RedVision in rear/Bluetooth app), angled with @Dissent scene angle brackets
- 2 Whalen waterproof amber/white combo in hood liner, controlled with toggle switch in plastic cover over radiator
- 2 Whalen waterproof amber/white combos in hatch for drawers controlled with toggle switch for easy access to turn on w/o any light at night.

9B3B349B-B3EB-467B-AC04-990E1A3DF862.jpeg

B00E3F99-AF51-4F10-AE3E-F45765A71ADB.jpeg

DEEAD623-C8B4-46F7-AE21-2EE985F900A8.jpeg

46597522-D18A-4C29-A721-C53284F2FBED.jpeg

B6CF0F97-A345-459F-BA78-0DD4EDA94A01.jpeg

Looking through photos, found a few more worth sharing.
- 1 Whalen amber/white combo in the iKamper controlled with RedVision(RedVision app)
- two 2.4v USBs and one 12-volt outlet in the iKamper (controlled with RedVision) connected to roof with Deutsch connector for easy unplug when RTT is stored
- 30” Rigid ADAPT in (Heritage) grille
- SLR spreaders on full bright (white) mode

432AD259-E888-474C-A31D-A5750D4EAB3D.jpeg

C8EF5D96-2434-437F-A636-6CB3E75BC703.jpeg

1DDA4E13-C975-4F8F-8D9E-708D29AD09D9.jpeg

DA8F96F1-D080-488B-ACC6-8C4182563EFD.jpeg

56C72EF4-2F11-4218-B048-A89C8ED69605.jpeg

How are folks getting power to the roof? The lighting looks fantastic, but I can only imagine a lead past the rear hatch up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom