Show me some Rock Lights and Scene Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeCKis300

GOLD Star
Threads
Adding an Switchpros 9100 currently, and with so many switches, need to fill them all! I do a fair amount of camping and a good night lighting solution would be great when getting to camp after dark.

Looked around and didn't see many examples of either rock lights or scene lights in action. Anyone care to share?

Particularly interested in rock lights, how many and where did you mount them?

We have some Maxxima scene lights but no rock lights yet. The Maxximas may not be the brightest, but they have about the best diffused pattern I’ve seen. The Rigid scene lights that angle down are brighter by comparison, but have a way more pronounced “hot spot”.

A9C10DF9-EAC7-4DE8-BAD3-E7DEF65B6FDE.png
00C7C663-BD35-481C-8A1B-FD7B53CEF9C1.jpeg

This is on my "Cruiser Projects" list for this season. I have 4 of these sitting on the shelf, and I think I've picked out where they are gonna go:

These are very nice lights, I have no concerns about their durability under the vehicle in a very wet environment. I'm kinda bummed that the pigtails are not available now, I guess I'll have to just cut off the connectors and come up with something different.

Looking for a scene light that will bolt on to the factory roof rails. I like the Rigid lights, but they are too big.

Cut that pigtail off and put a Deutsch connect on it if you don’t want to hardwire. You can get both ends for them on amazon.

Just a thought based on personal experience, try to find ones that can also produce a red light for camp use it cuts down on the bugs. Having used the interior dome light for illumination I have had all the bugs inside my LC not outside. Possible legal issue but some LED's can be switched.

Just a thought based on personal experience, try to find ones that can also produce a red light for camp use it cuts down on the bugs. Having used the interior dome light for illumination I have had all the bugs inside my LC not outside.

I second this. I put a pair of Baja rock lights on my rear hatch so I could have bright white lite for certain things bit the bugs go crazy for them. I’m getting a second set of red to have for this reason.

would be nice if the Baja with push-buttons could be dual-mode...

Good stuff. Keep it coming!

Southern Cali doesn't have as many bug problems. But yes, amber/red may help. Doesn't seem like many options in this color.

Looking for a scene light that will bolt on to the factory roof rails. I like the Rigid lights, but they are too big.

Yes, scene lights for the factory rails are my goal. Which may make many of the popular branded options a bit more difficult.

Good stuff. Keep it coming!

Southern Cali doesn't have as many bug problems. But yes, amber/red may help. Doesn't seem like many options in this color.

Yes, scene lights for the factory rails are my goal. Which may make many of the popular branded options a bit more difficult.
You're correct SoCal isn't as buggy but many of us venture out to greener pastures. :hillbilly:

Camping lights on my 2018 LC. Power from 2nd battery run to monitor/distribution panel in the rear cargo area. Roof power (camping lights and RTT power) run through rear panels, ceiling headliner and up to rack. Camping lights are controlled by waterproof switches I installed in the Frontrunner rack.

LED lIghts are: Amazon product ASIN B013QLMFA2
LED mounts and monitor/distribution are panels I designed with Front Panel Express CAD (Frontpanelexpress.com)

IMG_7780.jpg

IMG_7781.jpg

IMG_7783.jpg

IMG_7779.jpg

Last edited:
Scene lights on stock rack. Tried to keep this as low profile and stock looking as possible.

Made a stainless steel bracket (no chance for rust) that hangs onto the inside slot of the stock rail. Used some hardware left from an extra cross bar I had from my 100-series. I can slide it back and forth as necessary to adjust against the crossbars.

Controlled by SwitchPros which has a dimming function and Bluetooth control via phone. Looking forward to the next campout.

1594504161444.png

1594504033710.png

Last edited:
Scene lights on stock rack. Tried to keep this as low profile and stock looking as possible.

Made a stainless sheet bracket that hangs onto the inside slot of the stock rail. Used some hardware left from an extra cross bar I had from my 100-series. I can slide it back and forth as necessary to adjust the stock crossbars.

Switched by SwitchPros which has a dimming function and Bluetooth control via phone. Looking forward to the next campout.

View attachment 2368636

View attachment 2368623

What lights are those? That looks really clean. Nice job.

Thanks. They're generic lights for a non-critical job. Form factor mattered more and these fit the bill. Seem reasonably well made with good cast construction.

Amazon product ASIN B075K5FJ53

Keep the inspiring pics coming. I'd bet there's some awesome mothership illumination going on between scene, rock, reverse, fogs, etc.

Funny cause I thought I was done playing with lights hard parking in my early Honda days. Night camping and activities just gives good justification for more illumination.

Thanks. They're generic lights for a non-critical job. Form factor mattered more and these fit the bill. Seem reasonably well made with good cast construction.

Amazon product ASIN B075K5FJ53

Ohhh... they also have them in cool white AND amber illumination. White housing, but I have a can of spray paint. Hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom