Show me some Rock Lights and Scene Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How are folks getting power to the roof? The lighting looks fantastic, but I can only imagine a lead past the rear hatch up?

up the windshield a-pillar for me...

How are folks getting power to the roof? The lighting looks fantastic, but I can only imagine a lead past the rear hatch up?

I ran 14/5 EPR Tray Cable up each A-Pillar. Drilled some small holes in the windshield trim (it’s actually metal with a plastic coating) and secured with cable ties.

FD956230-6E6B-40D7-8C08-74207178AB67.jpeg
41D497F9-255B-4220-BD2E-886B48101344.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't have much electronics on the roof other than the pair of scene lights. Ran 14 gauge bare wire underneath the trim on both sides. There may be space enough for the next gauge up or 2 pairs of wires on each side.

Had the windshield replaced last month and the installer had no problems with the wires there.

1603123173072.png

Last edited:
Any updates on this thread? I just got a "cheap" switch panel on Amazon to run some scene/ chase lights on an OEM LC roof rack.

I had to replace my windshield so I was waiting for everything to set. I'll try this weekend.

This is probably an insanely novice question, but anyone have photos of how they’re mounting their rock lights in the wheel wells and under the boards?

Been having a look and a lot of what I’m finding is just self-tapers or double sided tape, just wondering if we’ve got a better solution, or if that’s reliable enough for our purposes?

Edit: I guess not surprising, a lot of what I’m finding is lifted or lower pickups lol. Not exactly the same crowd, on aggregate.

Make sure you use existing bolt holes, never tap the frame for corrosion purposes.
We make brackets with sheet aluminum to get them spaced and fit properly.
If you are wiring them to the dome circuit/doors, be careful, it's not simple with 2016-2021 because of the variable voltage. 2008-2015 is easy.

Make sure you use existing bolt holes, never tap the frame for corrosion purposes.
We make brackets with sheet aluminum to get them spaced and fit properly.
If you are wiring them to the dome circuit/doors, be careful, it's not simple with 2016-2021 because of the variable voltage. 2008-2015 is easy.
Thank you very much. That was my concern, handful of videos of guys just running self-tappers into sheet metal.. I'm in a 2010, planning on running to primary and aux battery switch gangs. Thanks for that album!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom