Should these light up?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepycruiser

I will get by….I will survive -Touch of Grey LC200
Threads
2011 Land Cruiser. Are they supposed to light up?

E603C52A-0133-424E-AB92-5EA1E8900F70.jpeg

No, they do not. REALLY stoopid that the switches that I always seem to need to find in the dark, are the only ones that are not backlit. I put a small piece of Velcro fuzzy side on my switches so I can find them quicker by feel.

No, they do not. REALLY stoopid that the switches that I always seem to need to find in the dark, are the only ones that are not backlit. I put a small piece of Velcro fuzzy side on my switches so I can find them quicker by feel.
Hmm…I bet it would be easy to add a LED light behind them…I might try that soon and see if the button names can be seen.

Hmm…I bet it would be easy to add a LED light behind them…I might try that soon and see if the button names can be seen.
Here's a cheap option. "Car Auto Window Glow Switch Button Sticker Door Night Luminous Decal "

Only in the LX.

Others have successfully modded these

I think it's insane that they don't light up. I find myself having to feel for the outer switch in order to turn on the silly little map light. I could have sworn that they were back-lit/illuminated in our LX570. Major oversight by Toyota here.

Pathetic I know.

The LX has the really nice small ambient lights integrated there as well. Last I read, the unit was not plug and play.

A user here once shared that the little bump is there to guide us and use them without taking eyes off the road... It took me a bit and then I got used to it, I never look anymore...

A user here once shared that the little bump is there to guide us and use them without taking eyes off the road... It took me a bit and then I got used to it, I never look anymore...
Which seems kinda weird. If that's the intent, to keep your eyes on the road, then why would you be needing to turn on the interior light?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom