Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am doing a SOA and I want to get some good shocks. I am looking at the Rancho 9000's or maybe the Bilstein 5100's. What are your experiences with them, and if there any other shocks out there that are good please let me know. I like the Rancho 9000's because you can get the controller to adjust them. They are both arounf the same price and would like to keep it in $80 a piece range. I want to run 35" and I am alos installing Ford Shock towers up front and moving the rear in to run longer shocks.

Thanks
Cacy

I got the same problem ,which way to go ,is the bilstein 5100 or 6100 the best or are rancho 9000 the best, can some one come up with a experienced answer
all the web sites i tried for vendor input dont have the correct answer bilstein say thier 5100 is light duty n thier 6100 is heavy dduty HELP PLS
Our car SOA conversion is being done now
so must decide asap
Regds
ron

We had an SOA 40 a few years ago running 35s with R9000s and unless they were maxed out it wasn't stiff enough IMO. I've run OMEs on my 80 and loved those but don't know if they have enough travel to go with the SOA. One thing they have going for them is vehicle specific valving. No word on the billies except that they bottom early. I've had good luck with Doestch Tech D3000s as well.

i'm running the 9000's and i don't really like them.
adjustability isn't really that important to me and i wish i would have spent the money on some bilsteins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom