She's Cummin' along nicely (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you build it really low you can get it looking OK on 33's but it has to be the right tires and I was never able to build it to carry loads reasonably when really low.. . Here is how it looked when suspension was floppy and barely drivable:
soaext4.jpg

Here is a shot of it on 33 BFG's once I fixed the suspension. Defeinetely not right-looking:
turbo_hj60_2.jpg

35's look better, wheel better, and can be/ usually are fine for even DD'ing... For what its worth..

Ordered 55's, they should be in today.

Had the drive shafts taken in to get them built. The guy called back this morning and its not going to work :( we are going to have to use the Toyota T-Case if we are going to use the Toyota axles.

So now its time to call Advance Adapters...

I was wondering how you were going to run the axle and TC combo. From what I have read you have to go yota if you use yota axles. Good luck with that.

Also, 55's are going to be huge! How much fender trimming is that going to require??

I know what you meant just wanted to give you a hard time. Also, which tires did you go for?

35's are gonna look amazing with that truck.

Did you/ do you plan on doing any performance upgrades to that 6B? Turbo?

:beer:

The 6B will probably remain stock. I don't really see a need for more then 400ft/lbs

I ordered a Advance Adapters t-case adapter ~1pm today. so we will be able to get it going but not before the 23rd :(

Oh well, thats the way it goes sometimes

We will probably go with the OEM blue. Don't think we want to go with the flag again. too much work to get scratched off road :(

(for those of you that don't know, we had a suburban that was painted like a Texas flag. it got lots of comments)

Good stuff.

About the paint, maybe a black basecoat with a red topcoat would look good. The red would have to be thin enough to see some black underneath though.

Progress? The month is coming to a close.

its quite nearly road worth, but waiting on the t case adapter. the LC isn't going to make our trip to Big Bend :sad:

35's are on the rear, waiting till we are done with the front before we put those on.

Brakes are functional
Stereo is almost complete (ran out of speaker wire)
interior is 3/4 back in (waiting on t-case setup)
Radiator is inplace and almost plumbed in
Engine and Tranny are sitting in place awaiting the t-case
Power Steering is almost ready (built hoses last night)
Hy-Steer kit installed

Just waiting on that t-case adapter...

and the Spring bushings from Proffits...

completely off topic:

"The four most important liquids in life in order are;
coffee, wine, gasoline and water,
and the only reason water is on the list is cause you need it to make coffee"

if you flip that list (water, gas, wine and coffee) and replace wine with Dr Pepper you have my list :D LOL (though maybe Diesel should replace the gas seeing the topic of this thread...)

How are the springs looking after having the 6bt sitting on them? Do you think they are going to hold up?

1TallTXn said:
We will probably go with the OEM blue. Don't think we want to go with the flag again. too much work to get scratched off road :(

(for those of you that don't know, we had a suburban that was painted like a Texas flag. it got lots of comments)

:idea: Paint the Flag on the roof!

Im a bit late with the replys here.. but ... there is no way you have to regear with that cummins 6BT engine.

You will have plenty of power, and by retaining the stock gears. it will cruise the highway like a purring kitten

Good deal on the gearing. The fifth gear and the stock ratios should make for very comfortable cruising!

I wish that I could put diesel in the list instead of gasoline. :sob:

89s rule said:
I was wondering how you were going to run the axle and TC combo. From what I have read you have to go yota if you use yota axles. Good luck with that.

Also, 55's are going to be huge! How much fender trimming is that going to require??

I know what you meant just wanted to give you a hard time. Also, which tires did you go for?
Dang, I didn't even pay attention to the oops with the 55's that would be HUGE!! :doh:
The tires are 35's not 55's stupid me.

The tires are 35x12.5 on 15 inch rims. They are an AT tire and are a knock off brand. treadwear is rated at ~40-50k iirc and they look great. they were something like $40 less each tire the the BGF TA/KO's :eek:

Bahndo111 said:
How are the springs looking after having the 6bt sitting on them? Do you think they are going to hold up?
so far they seem to be holding up just fine. but the engine hasn't been sitting on them much at all yet. the front is still hanging off of a pair of jack stands. The front tires aren't on yet cause we still need to work under the hood and its hard to get up there with the tires on LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom