She's Cummin' along nicely (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sliders better be next

looks great. so much room you are making me re-think the future 4bt swap. You better get some sliders before you go out and tear that suspension off and damage that nice looking body. 35s look perfect. It would have been sad if that thing was sitting on a new set of 33s!

Congratulations man!! You guys did some nice work.:grinpimp: :cheers: :bounce2:

I will get some pics of it when I'm back at the folks plcae this evening.

I've only driven it less then a mile. Moms driven it and says its fine except on the not-so-smooth roads near home where its darty. need to readjust the toe-in

mom's wanting to put some nerf step-bars on it. I was thinking that we could build some electric steps that pull up into frame sliders when the doors are closed. its probably not practicle, but it would be fun.

The 35's do look really nice on it!! thanks for the advice guys!!

moto60 said:
looks good How does it drive and handle? I'm not as far along as you are on your 6bt conversion I'm going with 727 trans dana 60's and 205 TC.A few questions for you did you remove one of your vacum modulators mine was hitting steer box when put in place,are you running A/C? If so what did you do.looks like from the picsthe stock dodge air box would not quite fit.Pics of your exhaust crossover would be helpful as well.Looks cool congrats
we are only using one of the vacaum pumps on the 6BT, the other is plated off as it did hit something (I don't remember exactly, but I think it was the steering box)

A/C isn't in place yet. if you look close the A/C lines are duck-taped off and laying on top of the engine. I'm not sure exactly what the plan for that is. I will ask the dad and get back to you.

Pics of the exhaust are coming. I'm pretty sure that the crossover takes place just in front of the T-Case. The exhaust shop handled all that so its whatever they wanted to put in

ARg, I didn't get any pics so I'll have to get some later.

got to looking through the pics I had taken before and this is what I have of the crossover:
library27734nj.jpg

library27777si.jpg

As far as the eDead goes, the stuff is like magic!! its really quite inside!

Sure you can hear the diesel, but who wants to completely quell the sound of that beautiful cummins??

My mom's really particular about the sound of the diesel and she's quite happy with the sound inside.

oh yetiman, wipe your mouth, your drooling ;)

Ya I slobbered all over it!!:bounce: and under it!!:bounce: And left a little in the parking lot!:bounce: Did you decide on the paint yet? I really like the texas theme on the hood. What about the sliders? Hey did you ask your dad about getting together on some bumpers.

I was wondering how teh springs up front are doing? Any sagging? How do they feel on the road? Once again, nice work!

More Pics!! in daylight this time!

OK, so I got to drive the beast this week as my parents are out of town.

Driving impression: WOW!! TORQUE!! all over the place. you can hardly pick a wrong gear.
Its kinda rough on not-so-smooth roads, but its got live axles out front and back, so its expected.
A tiny bit of bump-steer, but completely manageable.
the eDead is great! its relatively quiet inside. much quieter then the C1500 Suburban we had the motor in before.

You asked for pics of the oil pan to axle relationship:
dscn05971ne.jpg

and another angle
dscn06058nb.jpg

and here's the exhaust crossover:
dscn06020lq.jpg

I'm gonna miss this thing when I have to give it back :(

Bahndo111 said:
I was wondering how teh springs up front are doing? Any sagging? How do they feel on the road? Once again, nice work!
Springs seem to be doing fine. havn't had it full-on off road yet, but I think they are going to hold up just fine.

If you started out at 3 inches for the exhaust piping, the non-mandrel bent turns will bring down the diameter to something like 2.6 or 2.7 - that's the only reason I could think of to start with a 3.5 or 4 inch pipe.

Beautiful truck. Can't wait to see it fully painted and flagged.

Damn I'm jealous!;p All I need now is money, more tools, a shop to work in and a commuter car.....and more money!:D

Little update.

Dad's got the beast all painted, we opted for the OEM blue vs the Texas Flag, and she's looking really good.
cruiser.jpg

Still need to work up some bumpers for it.

Running like a top drove her all the way to Pagosa Springs Co and back with nary a problem. She decidedly does not like having a hitch mounted cargo rack, as she tends to start walking all over the road when the road gets uneven. Making sure its loaded properly helps, but doesn't solve the problem.

Wow. I read the entire thread in one sitting. That is really nice, and great work. How fast can you cruise down the highway?

I saw an indicated 65mph, with the 10mph error, thats 75mph, still chugging along nicely, haven't done a speed test on it to see what' she'll do.

Wish I could cruise that fast. Its hard to get mine to 70. But it is in great need of a tune-up. Still the original 2F. 163,xxx miles.

Wish I could cruise that fast. Its hard to get mine to 70. But it is in great need of a tune-up. Still the original 2F. 163,xxx miles.
understand that. I've got a '88 4runner that seems to dislike anything over 65mph. it'll do it, but its not happy

What kind of milage are you getting?
Thanks
Jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom