Sheepskin Seat Covers For 80's Series – Recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How do they fit? Did you get the 100% wool ones?
Can you feel the seat cover moving out of place when moving around in the seat?
OP here… Mine are the 50% acrylic 50% wool ones. They do NOT move around at all when you move your body around on them. The strap system is very secure and taunt. The covers fit REALLY really well for not being custom-made. You would almost think they are custom-made by seeing how well they fit.

Love the idea of these seat covers because it’s just so fitting for an classic 80. Anyway, how do these things to when subjected to dirt/mud/water (think days off-road) and Normal life?

I also have sheep skin covers. They are custom made by guy in Cali. 100 percent sheep by Alan graham motoring. They were around 400 a seat. Very nice. I’m in Colorado very nice in the winter, and summer time we see 100s and they are nice then as well. As far as comfort mine are very plush and nice padding. Fit is perfect, my wife has a bad back and absolutely loves them. Took probably month to make them and they were very easy to deal with. I am also in private aviation and 90 percent of your jets rock these, the material we use you can get or dye and make whatever color you could want. I did a sand color
image.jpg

Love the idea of these seat covers because it’s just so fitting for an classic 80. Anyway, how do these things to when subjected to dirt/mud/water (think days off-road) and Normal life?
I’m a neat-freak and OCD when it comes to my car. So I always keep it clean and prevent the interior from getting dirty. So I can’t answer how these covers hold up to washing/cleaning.

My guess is that the light colored covers (like mine pictured above) would stain pretty easily. So probably opt for the grey or brown ones if you’re worried about any dirt/stains showing at all.

I’ve had mine on for over a month and a half now and they’ve held up perfectly. They’re super cozy and comfortable. They definitely help with keeping your bottom and back warm when it’s cold out. (It’s been in the low 50’s and 40’s here in Portland recently).

Finally got around to installing the skins. I'll see how I like them over time. So far, I like the vintagey look and chiqs dig it. Color is mushroom. Very neutral with the tan interior.

Thanks, again, for the referral, mrq.

IMG-0746.jpg

Finally got around to installing the skins. I'll see how I like them over time. So far, I like the vintagey look and chiqs dig it. Color is mushroom. Very neutral with the tan interior.

View attachment 2946026
You need some furry dice or a disco ball hanging off the mirror

How do they fit? Did you get the 100% wool ones?
Can you feel the seat cover moving out of place when moving around in the seat?
Sorry for the delayed response my friend.

Wool bottom and back (where your body makes contact), everywhere else acrylic.

They fit nice and tight to the seat. Easy install when you unbolt the seats (don't even have to remove/lift them out of truck) so you can strap up the bottom section underneath. Mine do not cover the power seat controls. Hardest part was cutting the two slots for the headrest poles to go through.

Based on prelim testing, they don't move even on leather seats. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

View attachment 2946026
Those look very nice! I wish I would’ve gone with either the mushroom or grey color. I’ve got a ‘94 with the blue/grey cloth interior. I chose the Gobi (classic sheep skin) color because I thought it would look cool and look “vintage”. While it does – I am now just kind of wishing I would’ve gone for a color that matched the interior more.

Oh well… I still love mine!

Those look very nice! I wish I would’ve gone with either the mushroom or grey color. I’ve got a ‘94 with the blue/grey cloth interior. I chose the Gobi (classic sheep skin) color because I thought it would look cool and look “vintage”. While it does – I am now just kind of wishing I would’ve gone for a color that matched the interior more.

Oh well… I still love mine!

For me mush was def the right call. I just copied what I saw in the airbus cockpit pics. Very neutral. The vendor said stay away from dark colors if you’re gonna be bothered by some fade over time (e.g. black).

I’m actually in the process of swapping my sheep/acrylic skins for all sheep version. I’m having an issue with static charge and hoping the all sheep skin covers will get rid of it since sheep skin doesn’t conduct electricity.

I know for sure I love sitting on sheep skin in my 80. It is pretty cool to feel less heat in hot weather than straight cow leather. Thanks again for the idea and referral. US Sheepskin as a vendor has been great to deal with. ✌🏼

3/13/22 update

Received the 100% sheep skin version from US Sheepskin Products Manufacturer and Retailer - https://ussheepskin.com. I much prefer this design since it makes my seats look more like seats than sheep. It also contours to the seat better as you can visually see below. The leather for some reason is thicker and the sheep skin quality feels more significant without being bulky.

I highly recommend the vendor. Great service and product for a fair price.

IMG_0768.jpeg

IMG_0770.jpeg

Last edited:
Do these leave fibers on your clothing?
During the first day or two of them being on my "Gobi" color sheep skin/acrylic covers from this company left only a little strands of fibers/fur on my clothes. It was only noticeable to me though because I'm a goth and wear all-black head-to-toe. I used a lint roller to roll over the covers and that took care of any loose fibers. Like I said, this only happened the first day or two when the covers were BRAND NEW – and the shedding stopped immediately after I lint-rolled them. (Though the shedding was never severe to begin with).

Not sure about concealing bad foam, but it is definitely an effective compensation for deteriorating factory leather. The leather on my front seats is rock hard and very badly worn, although the seat foam is not bad. The fluff is pretty plush and thick even after 2+ years and I don't notice how hard and unpleasant the leather is underneath. Before this I only had thin custom-fit ballistic nylon covers, and the seats were very uncomfortable due to the hard leather and those covers adding zero padding. I'd considered getting an aftermarket leather kit before this but now I think it's not necessary for me, I don't mind looking like a geezer sitting on my luxurious sheepskin seats. I guess I've gotten old enough to not care what other people think so much, it is one of the most platinum parts of getting older

Hi, all!

So I have always liked the look and feel of sheepskin seat covers. I also have been wanting to protect the fabric on my original seats. A few weeks ago I ordered a pair of sheepskin covers + headrest covers from this company I found based out of Tacoma, WA. They're called US Sheepskin.

These seat covers are SUPER high quality – nice and soft/thick. They fit extremely well for not being custom-made.

They were expensive – it ran me $400 for the front driver and passenger seats AND for both headrests.

I probably could've found some for cheaper – in fact I could've, as there are many options on Ebay and Amazon. But they all got a lot of negative reviews.

Installation of these was a bit of a pain – it took me 45mins. The hardest part is connecting the straps beneath the underside of the seat.

Overall I'm very happy.

Before I bought these I did some searching here on MUD for some recommendations/to see what brands other guys were running... But I didn't find much info.

Anyways, I hope this is helpful for some of you – whether now or if someone is searching the site in the future.

Here's the link to the exact product I bought: Deluxe Bucket 50% Acrylic and 50% Sheepskin Seat Covers | US Sheepskin - https://ussheepskin.com/product/deluxe-superfit-bucket-seat-covers-highback-or-lowback/

(I chose the "Gobi" color option.)

Cheers!

View attachment 2872604View attachment 2872603View attachment 2872605
did you check into rear seat covers too?

The center inserts I've installed are great in the AZ heat at keeping your back from sweating. These are 100% real sheepskin, not plastic (acrylic). You don't need anything on the sides as you really only sit in the middle of the seat.
Amazon product ASIN B00NGWOFAU
IMG_2695.jpg

So 80s :rofl: had these in my wife's 1984 Mercedes TD300 wagon when my kids were young, my son turns 30 tomorrow.
I do remember them being very comfortable ;)

For me mush was def the right call. I just copied what I saw in the airbus cockpit pics. Very neutral. The vendor said stay away from dark colors if you’re gonna be bothered by some fade over time (e.g. black).

I’m actually in the process of swapping my sheep/acrylic skins for all sheep version. I’m having an issue with static charge and hoping the all sheep skin covers will get rid of it since sheep skin doesn’t conduct electricity.

I know for sure I love sitting on sheep skin in my 80. It is pretty cool to feel less heat in hot weather than straight cow leather. Thanks again for the idea and referral. US Sheepskin as a vendor has been great to deal with. ✌🏼

3/13/22 update

Received the 100% sheep skin version from US Sheepskin Products Manufacturer and Retailer - https://ussheepskin.com. I much prefer this design since it makes my seats look more like seats than sheep. It also contours to the seat better as you can visually see below. The leather for some reason is thicker and the sheep skin quality feels more significant without being bulky.

I highly recommend the vendor. Great service and product for a fair price.

View attachment 2951427

View attachment 2951428
Well, how are you liking the covers now? The vendor says “Ready Made”, so do you think they are actually made to order for your specific vehicle? Also, how are they attached? Sorry to ask so many questions...that’ll teach you to post! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom