Sheepskin Seat Covers For 80's Series – Recommendation (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mrq

Threads
Hi, all!

So I have always liked the look and feel of sheepskin seat covers. I also have been wanting to protect the fabric on my original seats. A few weeks ago I ordered a pair of sheepskin covers + headrest covers from this company I found based out of Tacoma, WA. They're called US Sheepskin.

These seat covers are SUPER high quality – nice and soft/thick. They fit extremely well for not being custom-made.

They were expensive – it ran me $400 for the front driver and passenger seats AND for both headrests.

I probably could've found some for cheaper – in fact I could've, as there are many options on Ebay and Amazon. But they all got a lot of negative reviews.

Installation of these was a bit of a pain – it took me 45mins. The hardest part is connecting the straps beneath the underside of the seat.

Overall I'm very happy.

Before I bought these I did some searching here on MUD for some recommendations/to see what brands other guys were running... But I didn't find much info.

Anyways, I hope this is helpful for some of you – whether now or if someone is searching the site in the future.

Here's the link to the exact product I bought: Deluxe Bucket 50% Acrylic and 50% Sheepskin Seat Covers | US Sheepskin - https://ussheepskin.com/product/deluxe-superfit-bucket-seat-covers-highback-or-lowback/

(I chose the "Gobi" color option.)

Cheers!

IMG_0429.jpeg
IMG_0423.jpeg
IMG_0434.jpeg

How do people take to these in warmer climates? I’ve always been curious what commercial airline pilots sit on and whether it’s a similar idea here. Funnily enough, I’m en route to seattle and may pay a visit if they’re open.

Thanks for sharing! Looks to be a quality product.

How do people take to these in warmer climates? I’ve always been curious what commercial airline pilots sit on and whether it’s a similar idea here. Funnily enough, I’m en route to seattle and may pay a visit if they’re open.

From what I’ve read they stay cool in the summer heat and are warm in the winter. I’m down in Portland – and it’s been chilly here. The covers have been warm and cozy to sit on! Though it probably helps that my original seats are fabric also – so they never got cold like the leather seats do.

This company makes airplane seat covers too – for smaller private jets and bush planes like Cessnas.

From what I’ve read they stay cool in the summer heat and are warm in the winter. I’m down in Portland – and it’s been chilly here. The covers have been warm and cozy to sit on! Though it probably helps that my original seats are fabric also – so they never got cold like the leather seats do.

This company makes airplane seat covers too – for smaller private jets and bush planes like Cessnas.
This is accurate. Sheepskin covers are great for all weather. Aviation uses sheepskin or synthetics as covers and they’re great for all weather.

This is great info. I’ll probably end up ordering a set from this pnw based outfit. Good on you to scope out and share.

Thanks and Merry Christmas! 🎅🎅🏾🎅🏿

Update:

Called them. Nice gent answered my questions. Looks like I want the low back, but he said it shouldn’t cover the power seat controls like yours does? I want the seat controls exposed, seat back exposed and no headrest cover. Picked mushroom (popular color in lear/boeing cockpits). $300 shipped for two fronts.

So long as they supply to airplane OEMs I’m sold!

Last edited:
This is great info. I’ll probably end up ordering a set from this pnw based outfit. Good on you to scope out and share.

Thanks and Merry Christmas! 🎅🎅🏾🎅🏿

Update:

Called them. Nice gent answered my questions. Looks like I want the low back, but he said it shouldn’t cover the power seat controls like yours does? I want the seat controls exposed, seat back exposed and no headrest cover. Picked mushroom (popular color in lear/boeing cockpits). $300 shipped for two fronts.

So long as they supply to airplane OEMs I’m sold!
No problem! Same to you also! My seats are the manual cloths... So no seat controls! You'll probably have to have them alter your covers in order for there to be a cut-out for the seat controls.

I love the sheepskin seat covers in my rig. My :princess: grew up with both parents keeping a large loose sheepskin draped over the driver's seats in their cars and I thought it was weird when I first met her and she was doing the same. She bought me a seat cover from Costco for Christmas a few years ago and I was sold, eventually got another for the passenger seat so they match:

They cover the front of the seat only, so they're not a complete look like OP's but they're very thick and comfortable and feel nice in the winter and summer. Not sure how that works, but it does. Also the lower part (elastic skirt that covers the base of the seat, below where you sit) is some sort of artificial fleece. I don't mind because it's thin enough I can operate the seat controls through the fabric without any trouble. Being on the front of the seat only makes it easier to install, if you can live with the partially covered look.

after reading this, what you are saying is that I could cover my seats / compensate for the drivers foam being toast, and get some sheepskins for my 80?

🤔

Definitely comfortable year round. They cut down on the sweaty factor in the summer time by allowing a little air circulation compared to leather, which allows none whatsovever. They also completely eliminate the "burn your ass getting into your car which has been parked in the sun" effect. Also provide additional cushion over stock seats.

The only thing I don't love about my seat cover is the smell (which fades with time) and all my friends ripping on me for being an old geezer.

after reading this, what you are saying is that I could cover my seats / compensate for the drivers foam being toast, and get some sheepskins for my 80?

🤔
Yes

I love the sheepskin seat covers in my rig. My :princess: grew up with both parents keeping a large loose sheepskin draped over the driver's seats in their cars and I thought it was weird when I first met her and she was doing the same. She bought me a seat cover from Costco for Christmas a few years ago and I was sold, eventually got another for the passenger seat so they match:

They cover the front of the seat only, so they're not a complete look like OP's but they're very thick and comfortable and feel nice in the winter and summer. Not sure how that works, but it does. Also the lower part (elastic skirt that covers the base of the seat, below where you sit) is some sort of artificial fleece. I don't mind because it's thin enough I can operate the seat controls through the fabric without any trouble. Being on the front of the seat only makes it easier to install, if you can live with the partially covered look.
I considered getting these based on the good reviews… But I ultimately went with the ones I did because I liked that they covered the entire seat and headrest – they aren’t sideless like the Costco ones.

🤔
Not sure about concealing bad foam, but it is definitely an effective compensation for deteriorating factory leather. The leather on my front seats is rock hard and very badly worn, although the seat foam is not bad. The fluff is pretty plush and thick even after 2+ years and I don't notice how hard and unpleasant the leather is underneath. Before this I only had thin custom-fit ballistic nylon covers, and the seats were very uncomfortable due to the hard leather and those covers adding zero padding. I'd considered getting an aftermarket leather kit before this but now I think it's not necessary for me, I don't mind looking like a geezer sitting on my luxurious sheepskin seats. I guess I've gotten old enough to not care what other people think so much, it is one of the most platinum parts of getting older imo.

Thanks for the tip and review. Going to be ordering a set in pewter.

Reactions: mrq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom