Seeking Rear view mirror help / widsom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off, this place rocks. Thank you for everything you all post. I recently changed the oil and lubed the entire chassis first shot. Didn't even have to move the truck once as the spider joints were all perfectly accessible. (true story)

Anyways I bought a used 99' 100. Without a rear view mirror.

Previous owner let me know that he could not find one to fit to the pre-installed bracket on the windshield. Its a small bugger with two holes for very small screws. Ill attach a picture tomorrow.

GOOGLE SEARCH I KNOW!-

Did a search on the forum and mostly what I found was owners adding the fancy mirrors with compass and auto-dim or it rattling loose. I need something to rattle! I want a cheap plain knob dimmer. Besides there is no power cord or wires from the trim. I'm assuming it was originally a basic mirror.

Everything I find online looks to be 75$ or more! Forget $700! One on ebay looks like a good buy at 20 but it looks like its a single screw vs. the very small double screw pre-attached windshield bracket.

ebay link - http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281525137516?lpid=82&chn=ps
Part #
8781060140B0

Any ideas? should I just buy a cheap one at any auto store and man-handle it on there Dremmel it then shop for screws while trying to figure out what size it could be...

or buy a different bracket and live with two on the windshield? (sounds hideous)

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Remove the bracket from the windshield, I don't think the stocker is a two screw affair.

I would find a stock one, because I'm like that.

You could call Christo, he might have one http://www.sleeoffroad.com/

Or you could call http://www.cruiserparts.net/. Good guys and often have more than what the website shows.

You could call Beno too (search Beno as user name on this site, great guy). You won't find a better price on a new one, but there's only so much he could do on the price of new...

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1420548006.969094.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1420548032.103212.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1420548084.535812.jpg

First picture shows dangle mirror.

Second is mirror with "spring" bracket attached to it.

Third is black base that has two tiny screws. It is solidly fastened to WS.

"Third is black base that has two tiny screws. It is solidly fastened to WS."

Yes it is... the big silver thing in the second pic is the factory windshield bracket. If you have to replace your windshield it will come with that bracket. When I tried to remove the factory bracket from the windshield, so I could install an aftermarket mirror, the bracket came off with a fairly large chunk of windshield attached to it and cracks spread out across the windshield. When I had the windshield replaced I asked them to install the aftermarket mirror. That's when I found out that the factory bracket came on the windshield.

Beno found a factory mirror for me.

thanks all!

When I bought the truck the PO told me it was a new windshield- and the braket was already on it.

That sucks you pulled glass of it!! I will try to find those guys over the weekend.

thanks all!

When I bought the truck the PO told me it was a new windshield- and the braket was already on it.

That sucks you pulled glass of it!! I will try to find those guys over the weekend.

It was not my favorite moment of owning my Land Cruiser but it's all good now...

It's possible that someone has lost some of the attachment parts, they are broken, or not installed right. When everything is right the mirror doesn't move at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom