Seat Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do all pigs have bench seats? Or did it change to buckets at some point? If so which years for which? I am looking at a parts piggy right now and it was what look like buckets from the pics however mine at home has bench style which I had to rig in. So If these are in good shape I might swap them in but I dont want to stay somewhat true to form at least keep pig seats in it.

I believe they all had bench seats. The seat mounting on the floor doesn't really allow anything different from factory.

clemson55 said:
but I want to stay somewhat true to form at least keep pig seats in it.

lol! this is a pretty amusing statement considering what you've done to your pig....buckets are so much more comfortable, i can't believe what a difference and improvement in drivability they have made in my '55

clemson55 said:
So If these are in good shape I might swap them in but I dont want to stay somewhat true to form at least keep pig seats in it.

Dude - you've got a wheeler, take that sorry bench out and never look back. Buy the most comfortable buckets you can afford and weld up some brackets. I've got some nice Brazilian Bandarante buckets waiting for me to patch the floors and install in mine. Pigs never came with anything but the benches -

:cheers:

Tucker

Ok maybe I just looked at the pic wrong. Or maybe they had headrests or something. I like the old bench seats its not like I'm worried about comfort in the pig.

Some bench seats did have headrests.
All Pigs did come with benches. I've got a spare in the basement if you want it.
Beware! The later benches, I believe, were made of thinner stuff. And the springyness is known to sag and break.
Most Pigfolk I know have replaced them with bucketses.

Has anyone done this to their Pig yet? I'd love to see pics of the mounts...

I'm getting ready to swap my bench for buckets, using some angle iron for the supports.

FUZZ

I personally like the bench seats a lot I just need to get one that slides like its supposed to because mine doesnt slide any more either. Once I welded it in place that was it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom