Seat Heater Crisis /A Critical Accesory (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The seat heater abruptly quit yesterday on our 2015. It's the driver's side and my wife's daily driver...and it's winter, so it's up there on her priority of things for me to fix. First indicator was the orange LED next to the control knob was not lit up like the others. So.... I'm looking for ideas on where to start, how to access the switch, a single fuse for the drivers side seems unlikely but maybe... any ideas?

Thx in advance Sage1

2015? I'd start at the dealer, right after I check the appropriate fuses. Should still be under the bumper to bumper warranty.

its one fuse for both seats. the switch should just pop out and if theres separate swithes for driver and passenger you an always try to swap them and see if the switch is the issue

I was surprised to learn in my Mercedes, Subaru and Honda that it was the switch for either the windows or seat heater and not the element or motor. I thought a switch would never go bad because it's such a simple thing. Wrong. There's probably a circuit board in that switch with solder, diodes, etc...

If it's the switch and you are out of warranty (which your dealer's service dept. can verify by phone), find out what other model uses it and check Amazon/E-Bay before going full pop at the dealer. You might not find LC switches, but if it's a match for Tundra, Tacoma, Camary, Sienna... Amazon/E-Bay'll have OEM cheaper.

I've also gotten some really good deals on dealer only parts by googling the part number or finding a dealer with an on-line discount parts house.

Last edited:
2015? I'd start at the dealer, right after I check the appropriate fuses. Should still be under the bumper to bumper warranty.

True but if it was originally titled in 2014, its probably expired. Or very close! How many miles on it OP? 36k miles/3 years from the original title date?

just dealt with this - hopefully the knob/swich is the issue and you just replace - around $300. if the module - it will be closer to $1k

Lexus TOYOTA OEM LX570 Heated Seat-Control Module 8586160011

might be so expensive as both heat and cool (sorta kinda, on the cool part)

Mine has been doing this for a year. On when it wants, not when I need it. I'm ignoring it until it really pisses me off.

That Peltier cooler is only cool on paper. In the seat it sucks. I'd much rather have the two systems the LC has...

Starting to think i should have stuck with my 100 series where the seat heaters were much simpler, although not as effective.
My passenger seat heater quit working all of a sudden and my mechanic tried a new switch but now says I need a new ECU. The 8586160011 part - his cost is $633 and I was able to find some around $550 new on eBay. Before I go and buy this module does anyone have any better ideas or know of some additional trouble shooting to try? He did use the drivers side module to confirm that a new module fixed the issue so not really sure what else there could be to try. Didn’t know if anyone knew what failed in these modules and if they are repairable at all.

Between the baselining, snow tires, alignment, spare key, 4lo not engaging and adjustment of the handbrake I have spent $2700+ in 3 months ☹️

try the seat cooler. if it also does not work, look for the fuse for the drivers seat climate control.
upload_2018-2-2_8-45-6.png

toyota-land-cruiser-fuse-box-engine-compartment-2015.jpg

in the fuse box under the hood, fuse #10 on this diagram should power the drivers seat heat and cooling. it will be the fuse on the top left corner of the seat AC schematic posted above.

hope this solves it for you!

$835 later I have a new ECU installed, my mechanic got it for $683 - He would have been fine if I bought it online but with no returns on electrical parts I was worried that I could be stuck with it if that didn't fix the issue.

Hope the rest of the vehicle remains as reliable as my 2002 100 series :(

I think it would be interesting to pop open the ECU and see if there are any obvious failure marks, like a fried component or bad solder joint.

Saw that thread, but the seat ECU is located under the seat - the only way it would see moisture is if you went through a really deep water crossing or was in a flood and it got into the cabin. No signs that that ever happened. Clean Carfax as well and never resided in a flooded area as far as I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom