Seat Heater Crisis /A Critical Accesory (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the old ECU and will pop it open in the next few days and post what I find if anything.

Well there are no signs of corrosion or any burnt components. I looked at both sides with a magnifying glass and while I’m no electronics guy I certainly couldn’t see anything that would cause an issue. Must just be one of the components failed.

Seems pretty complex for seat heat and cool!

FEB882E5-D57C-4791-B6C3-D26F0A84B263.jpeg

C291E30E-8F7B-494F-858A-3DD37616B2C5.jpeg

9F71CBAD-EB77-4524-9A8F-C9982695835A.jpeg

F4C7F943-709C-494F-899F-E8460E716837.jpeg

Not disagreeing with TonyP, but my guess would be one of the relays. Caps and everything else look fine.

Resurrecting this thread to ask if you guys that replaced your module - "is it still working?"

After replacing mine about 2 years ago - that same seat (passenger) is now no longer working (checked fuses, etc).

The module (as you all well know) is ridiculously expensive....

Well I’m disappointed to say the least in Lexus QC. After spending about $1000 almost 3 years ago on a new climate control module for my passenger seat (OEM Lexus part installed) the replacement partnhas crapped out. Of course it’s past the warranty as it’s been almost 3 years and 50k miles since it was replaced. Has anyone ever heard of these going bad this quickly and has anyone had any luck with Lexus on something like this past the warranty? work was done at my independent mechanic so that won’t work in my favor.

Resurrecting this thread to ask if you guys that replaced your module - "is it still working?"

After replacing mine about 2 years ago - that same seat (passenger) is now no longer working (checked fuses, etc).

The module (as you all well know) is ridiculously expensive....
What year is your vehicle? Is it an LX or LC?

It's interesting that it only (or at least most of the time) happens to the passenger seat module. I wonder if the the part # on the driver side is different. (side note: seat heat/cool switch is different part# between driver and passenger).
Mine took a dump about a year ago as well. (2010 LX). I changed the switch but didn't help. I hesitated to replace the module due to the ridiculous price, but after hearing a few stories of it happening again after only couple thousands of miles, I'm leaning towards not replacing it at all!

Does anyone know if the LC uses the same expensive control unit as the LX? Wondering if I could adopt a simpler system just to get heated seats? I don’t care about the cooling

If you're smoking ECU's then it might be related to the set heater grid itself within the seat cushion.

I suppose but it seems strange that they would last 3 years if that was the case.

So, as of a couple weeks ago, drivers side heated seat just comes on. To high. No light, cycling the switch on and off doesn't help. Did anyone experience anything like this? 2018 LC

So, as of a couple weeks ago, drivers side heated seat just comes on. To high. No light, cycling the switch on and off doesn't help. Did anyone experience anything like this? 2018 LC
Any chance of liquid ingress? Coffee/water? They’re in a vulnerable spot.

Any chance of liquid ingress? Coffee/water? They’re in a vulnerable spot.
Possible, was in some deep puddles right around when it started. All felt dry to the touch, carpet and door sills. I left it open 2/3 days to see if the air helps. Ill drive around tomorrow and see where we're at.

I have a 2009 and first thing I did when I bought it years ago was buy a $11 aftermarket seat heater switch off ebay and my seat heaters are working fine ever since. They actually get hotter than the other 2008-2010's I have driven. Also the china version the plastic knob doesn't come out which was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom