Seat Heater Crisis /A Critical Accesory (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 2009 and first thing I did when I bought it years ago was buy a $11 aftermarket seat heater switch off ebay and my seat heaters are working fine ever since. They actually get hotter than the other 2008-2010's I have driven. Also the china version the plastic knob doesn't come out which was nice.

Do you have a link?

Did anyone happen to pull the codes from techstream when their seat ECU failed? I have a 2010 LX with failed drivers side. Switch lights up but no heat or cool. Passenger side works. ECU reports temp sensor malfunction in techstream. I forgot the code, i'll have to check it again next time I have the laptop connected.

Did anyone happen to pull the codes from techstream when their seat ECU failed? I have a 2010 LX with failed drivers side. Switch lights up but no heat or cool. Passenger side works. ECU reports temp sensor malfunction in techstream. I forgot the code, i'll have to check it again next time I have the laptop connected.

experiencing this too. Light on the switch comes on but no operation.

experiencing this too. Light on the switch comes on but no operation.
So mine was an easy fix. Someone had unplugged the plugs that went to the seat back. i plugged them back in and started working fine. In my scenario, the switch did not light up when the seat climate ecu was throwing a code.

So mine was an easy fix. Someone had unplugged the plugs that went to the seat back. i plugged them back in and started working fine. In my scenario, the switch did not light up when the seat climate ecu was throwing a code.
May I ask which specific plug? Did you have to remove the seat bolts and tilt the seat up to access it?

May I ask which specific plug? Did you have to remove the seat bolts and tilt the seat up to access it?
You could possibly do it without. But i think you'd have to be pretty comfortable with the plug locations. There are 3 plugs total that go from bottom of seat to back. There is a leather flap at the bottom of the back of the seat. It is attached with elastic cord. You can pull that away from the seat. You can probably see/feel the connectors from there. 2 on one side and one on the other. (Inside the seat rails, but near them). It really only takes about 10 min to remove the 4 bolts and flip the seat, although it's easiest to locate and connect them with the seat completely removed.

I just went and looked at mine. I didn't move the seat up and forward, but there was very little room and very little play with the elastic cord for the flap. I was attempting to see if I could verify if the connectors were connected, but I could only locate the wires. I'd say you need to take it out, or at least flip it back to verify the connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom