Seat belt stuck in receiver (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have looked all over the forum and all I see are threads about stuck retractors, broken plastic holding the front receiver, or full-on replacements. My driver side buckle is stuck in the receiver. If I play with it for a while, I can free it, but the next time I buckle up, I'm stuck and I have to shimmy my way under the lap belt.

Does anyone know how to disassemble the plastic around the button without breaking it so that I can poke around and rehab it?

I also saw something in another thread regarding a possible Toyota lifetime warranty of the seat belt systems. Is this something that postdates an '87 LC?

I cannot picture the front seat belt assembly in my head. The rears are easily disassembled, cleaned, and reinstalled.

I added some pictures for detail. It seems that there should be a way to open the receiver from the top on the back, but I don't want to break the plastic.

1388DCB0-0A50-475B-ABBD-AFFF1AF53D45.jpeg

16242226-5ACD-4E59-9080-6B1B04C5B390.jpeg

There was a Toyota recall on the rear seatbelts back in the 80’s but not the front belts

You could un bolt the reciever end from the floor, so as to get more room to play with it...instead of leaning in through the door forever...

PM me and I will send an replacement. I ended up buying a new set because mine was cracked and flappy like yours, but then turned around and ordered new seatbelts from seatbelt planet. you are welcome to have one as I now have 4 front receptors.

Last edited:
I dunno.

35 year old seat belts in a truck with the only other safety features being a collapsible steering column and break away rearview ... I'd get new DOT belts.

There are also threads on using 70-series belts still available from Toyota.

I am having the same issue with my 2019 LC (15k miles). The driver’s seatbelt gets stuck in the receiver but happens intermittently and I can replicate it.
Both dealer and Toyota won’t do anything about it even after I showed them video of the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom