Seat belts sticking (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, So my wife soaked our seat belts in 3 of the cruisers yesterday in soapy water. She spent the best part of the morning doing it. The water was filthy in the pans after about an hour. She then washed and soaked them in clean water for about an hour. Then opened the windows to let them dry. Amazing difference, from hard and not working well to soft,shinny and fast working. She really helped us out.If you have not done this do it while it’s still hot.

Can you give us a little more detail? I am imagining she unbolted them and placed them in the soapy water. Did she uncoil them? How did she keep them from winding back up?

X2

My seat belts for my rear bench seat are sticking, and I would love to do this

This is one of the first things i do when i buy any used car. If you take them out you can clean them really well and use really hot water to get the oil out and use dawn dish soap.

@dbbowen so basically you just remove the seatbelt and soak it in hot soapy water over and over?

@dbbowen so basically you just remove the seatbelt and soak it in hot soapy water over and over?
I remove the whole thing, pull it all the way out and put a strong clamp on it so it cant pull back in and put the belt (not the retractor) into the hot soapy water and clean it with a stiff bristle brush then clean it out with clean water. Then clean the part that attavhes to the A pillar that the belt slides through and the part where you click into the receiver. Its usually a pretty huge improvement and also its kinda gross using an old seatbelt without cleaning it when you get a used car hahaha

I havent messed with the front belts, but rear shoulder belts are quite easy and simple to dissassemble:

1694555133213.png

I havent messed with the front belts, but rear shoulder belts are quite easy and simple to dissassemble:
Disassembly is always easy. It is reassembly that usually gets me.

She left them bolted in and used clothes pins to hold them out.Ivory soap in warm water and soaked each for about 1 hour. Then soaked in fresh water for about an hour .Opened doors and windows and they dried in about 6 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom