Seat belt removal help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i searched but couldn’t find my answer. Looking to swap my seat belts but can’t figure out how to remove the top bracket on the B pillar. The bracket slides up and down to accommodate driver’s of different heights. For the life of me i can’t figure out how to remove it. Does the cover pop off or do you have to remove the whole sliding mechanism to get to the bolt to remove the triangled part the belt slides through?

Maybe i’m being dense (wouldn’t be the first time) but i don’t want to go prying on the plastic if it isn’t supposed to come off.

Many thanks for any and all help.

Mine aren't adjustable, but I've seen some that do and I think you have to take off the main plastic piece that covers the whole B-Pillar and there is a track that the top of the seatbelt rides up/down on. That track is secured with a bolt on either end, Remove the bolts...remove the belts.

That may be too simple, but that's the way I remember seeing it.

You just need to access the one bolt on the slider assembly. Don't need to remove anything else.

To access, press the two side buttons on the slider in (like you want to adjust the height of the seat belt). Press them in good, and at the same time, you can pop the plastic cover off with a screwdriver or your hand from the BOTTOM. It will swing upwards. You'll then have a clear view of the bolt that attaches the seat belt to the slider mechanism.

Thank you!! That’s exactly what i needed to know! This is why i love this forum.

Again, thanks.

By careful with the spring under the slider, it's about the size of s small ballpoint pen spring and it's invisible once it falls out. Also, that plastic finger breaks really easily. Ask me how I know.

By careful with the spring under the slider, it's about the size of s small ballpoint pen spring and it's invisible once it falls out. Also, that plastic finger breaks really easily. Ask me how I know.
Duly noted. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom