Searching for FJ40 factory trim color codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this thread doing a search on paint codes. Great thread.

http://69.61.14.149/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=230

But it leaves me with a few questions I'd like to start in a new thread.

I have an FJ40, '78 that I am doing a full original factory color respray. It's all disassembled and I should have trim, tub and panels ready to spray next week.

The factory exterior code is easy enough to find- 532- LE11

...but I can't find any paint code references for these items-

roof white
headlight bezel
silver on dashboard items
silver on fuel filler tube guard behind passenger seat
silver on rear licnese plate lights
front bumper/rear bumperettes silver

My current roof has been respayed a bright white, but I'd like to come close to the factory white when i respray. The headlight bezel is a light tan on the backside where UV hasn't been able to fade the color. Were these sparyed the same white as the roof by the factory?

The silver color on the dash gauge cluster, ashtray and glove box look to be the same or close to the silver on the fuel filler tube guard. Anyone able to confirm this? Also, is the silver on the rear license plate light covers this same silver?

Ultimately, if there is an online resource for all these trim codes; that would allow me to noodle around and find out the answers on my own. If you have a link to that, could you post one? If not can you share trim codes and observations on color locations with me?

Thanks in advance.... :)

http://www.birfield.com -> click on LCML Archives and search on the words "paint code"

Pewter gray, dash panel colors, etc. all located....IIRC, the Cygnus White is the roof color, but don't quote me there...

JT Outfitters and CCOT both have the colors available as well.

Woody,

You've helped me answer all my questions. Awesome. 8)

This page on the CCOT site confirms that one color of silver "pewter" is used pretty much everywhere, and that the Cygnus white (t-12 or 012) is used on both the roof and the headlight bezel.

http://store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/colorcodes.html

BTW, Love this site. I remember trying to find out info on my FJ before the web, those were the bleak days of being limited to Specter, Man-a-fre, rare knowledgable dealer parts guys, and the B&W Trails.

Thanks!

In a related question, where can you buy these colors?

At the dealer? ??? ??? ???

CCOT has the pewter I think but none of the others.

I know all the codes I need, but where to go from there I'm pretty lost!

[quote author=dinkleberry link=board=1;threadid=4718;start=msg35685#msg35685 date=1062017298]
In a related question, where can you buy these colors?
[/quote]

Any automotive paint store, including NAPA or PPG or whomever, will take these paint codes and mix up what you need. Piece of cake, just check yer yellow pages...

I just had the Pewter mixed to match in DuPont Centari. Purchased some of the factory Cygnus white in Centari as well for the roof and headlight bezel.

Turns out the 532 Butterscotch yellow in Centari reuquires a yellow base tint that is getting hard to come by. That's on order and about a two week wait. I'll paint up the trim, bumpers and roof in the meantime. My local paint shop says that Centari is being phased out by DuPont due to the toxicity of some of the heavy metal tinting agents, so some colors can no longer be mixed or matched in Centari. Luckily all the colors I'm looking for were possible.

[quote author=woody link=board=1;threadid=4718;start=msg35689#msg35689 date=1062017798]
Any automotive paint store, including NAPA or PPG or whomever, will take these paint codes and mix up what you need. Piece of cake, just check yer yellow pages...
[/quote]

and if your working with an older paint job trying to get somethings to match, take em a body part(on a fj40 the side vents are easy to take off) and they will scan it and put it in a can.

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=4718;start=msg35704#msg35704 date=1062019927]
and if your working with an older paint job trying to get somethings to match, take em a body part(on a fj40 the side vents are easy to take off) and they will scan it and put it in a can.
[/quote]

That's how my paint shop matched the "pewter" paint color. They scanned the backside of the fuel filler tube cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom