Screws for the Fj60 Euro-Spec Mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,

I just purchased the euro spec mirrors and was wondering if I use the original screws or not. They seem like they fit, but maybe not exactly flush.

Thank you!

Hey Everyone,

I just purchased the euro spec mirrors and was wondering if I use the original screws or not. They seem like they fit, but maybe not exactly flush.

Thank you!
mines fit perfectly
Hey Everyone,

Thank you!
My OEM screws fit perfectly on my OEM euro set

D8494C0C-262B-4A25-8C99-DA73B98B2AE5.jpeg

So, a quick question, when they say Euro Spec, is that accurate or just marketing? I'm asking because some of you might recall my first post here was about importing my FJ60 here to Munich and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order these and have them installed in the US as part of my restore process.

So, a quick question, when they say Euro Spec, is that accurate or just marketing? I'm asking because some of you might recall my first post here was about importing my FJ60 here to Munich and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order these and have them installed in the US as part of my restore process.
From what little I know about it, they were original equipment in some European countries. I don’t know if that was Toyota catering to what they thought Europeans would prefer, or if it had to do with some safety laws in the European countries.

I have them and they’re great. Much better visibility and less wobbles than the US-spec mirrors. I reused the screws and they worked fine.

From what little I know about it, they were original equipment in some European countries. I don’t know if that was Toyota catering to what they thought Europeans would prefer, or if it had to do with some safety laws in the European countries.

I have them and they’re great. Much better visibility and less wobbles than the US-spec mirrors. I reused the screws and they worked fine.
Thanks much for the reply. I've searched around other places to see if there is actually some European standard that they comply with but haven't been able to find anything. I think I'll get them anyway regardless since they looking pretty killer and I much prefer them to the large FJ62 mirrors that some folks use as replacements for the originals.

Thanks much for the reply. I've searched around other places to see if there is actually some European standard that they comply with but haven't been able to find anything. I think I'll get them anyway regardless since they looking pretty killer and I much prefer them to the large FJ62 mirrors that some folks use as replacements for the originals.
Also, I noticed you have 2 screw holes below your installed mirrors. Does that mean the install footprint is different than the originals?
1706271955157.png

Also, I noticed you have 2 screw holes below your installed mirrors. Does that mean the install footprint is different than the originals? View attachment 3542285
No, that was some aftermarket mistake a previous owner made long ago. There are bolts with rubber washers there to keep water from going in the holes they drilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom