School me on FJ-43's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 43 now with OEM rims and hubcaps, imported from the US, with the kind help of Landcruiserparts! :cheers: Needed to change tyres as well, from 33/12.5/15 to 33/10.5/15 ! :rolleyes:

IMG_0645.jpg

I also fitted half doors, as the full doors only look nice with the softtop! :hmm:
Very Cool Rig. Where did you get the shovel attachement?

Here is a video of mine. Waiting until my next PCS move and deployment to ship it out to me and begin some sort of rebuild on it. As of now it just sits waiting for love. I absolutely can't wait to see it again and drive it around.

Was thinking of going completly stock but am starting to change my mind.

YouTube - dialinfood's Channel

Very Cool Rig. Where did you get the shovel attachement?

Sorry for late reply!

Was a home made job by the previous owner! FrontRunner is selling a similar item!

They are discontinued.

33 x 10.50s are the new pizza cutter.

I just bought a set of 33x10.5x15s. Km2s. Best "all purpose tire" Imo. :steer:

Not sure of the front Toyota logo on this one. Looks like a newer one-not the "squared "T". When did Toyota change their grill logo?

I just bought a Colombian FJ40, same color. It also has a aftermarket fiberglass top. I was told all of the LC came in with soft tops and there was at least three companies making aftermarket tops. Mine is also completely stock with no rust. It also came from Bogota. By the way does yours have a heater I was told none of them down here have heaters

Cool thread.

More than 20 years ago, I visited a potash mine near Saskatoon, Saskachewan where there are hundreds of miles of tunnels 3500 feet below the surface. They chose the mighty Land Cruiser for transportation. They were BJ43's. They called them "troup carriers". If I remember correctly, the wheel base is the same as the 40, but the rear of the frame is slightly longer than the 40 to allow for the use of two larger bench seats for two people per side. I also saw some trucks that came came from an auction of a mining company in the Yukon or NWT. Some BJ42's, 43's, & some BJ75's. Hear some stories about great numbers of them at the auction. Don't really know that much more about them.

I’ve been in that mine and took this photo.

6D2745ED-3155-435D-81E3-0A5420F3E84E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom