schnebly hill road Sunday Oct 28 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Id prefer earlier than later. Ill have a 4.5 hr drive back to Yuma. Meeting at I-17 and schnebly hill road sounds good. I'm going to rough it somewhere Saturday night and will be hunting breakfast and heading up. How's meeting at 8 or 9am sound?
Sounds good! Now I have the "somewhere" and "some time" filled out for my plan's Sunday morning :bounce:

Since we are meeting at the top of the hill I plan on camping somewhere near the intersection on Saturday night.

Coconino MVUM shows dispersed camping on these roads near the meeting spot: (hey, now I have another "somewhere" filled out for my plan!)
upload_2018-10-25_18-58-40.png

Picture from camping along 226B in 2013:
IMG_3641-small.jpg

I plan on heading up Friday night, camping somewhere, maybe run a trail on Saturday, camping somewhere Saturday night, meeting for the Hill run somewhere Sunday morning at some time, camping somewhere Sunday night, and heading home Monday morning.

Lot of "somewhere" and "some time" in my plans!

Best trips from my experience are the ones with no set itinerary. That’s how I do my road trips.

If I’m not out of town then I will join you. Make sure it isn’t closed for the season.

Awesome!

Lets shoot for 9am at I-17 and schnebly hill road which is exit 320. I'll be in a white 100 series
I'll be there in a many-colored 40.

Id prefer earlier than later. Ill have a 4.5 hr drive back to Yuma. Meeting at I-17 and schnebly hill road sounds good. I'm going to rough it somewhere Saturday night and will be hunting breakfast and heading up. How's meeting at 8 or 9am sound?

We we're looking for something more like an late morning / early afternoon drive since the weather is gonna be so nice. A 8 or 9 AM start time, we'd finish by roughly by 9:30 / 10:30 AM. We'll pass on this drive, but thanks for the invite. Safe travels back to Yuma.

We we're looking for something more like an late morning / early afternoon drive since the weather is gonna be so nice. A 8 or 9 AM start time, we'd finish by roughly by 9:30 / 10:30 AM. We'll pass on this drive, but thanks for the invite. Safe travels back to Yuma.

Have to agree. Wheeling is limited between I-17 and 89A. Believe Kachina exit off I-17 is the first place where you can get over to 89A. Schnebly Hill exit does not have any roads heading north. First exit on top of the rim is Fox Ranch road. Second it Rocky Park. Both have forest roads heading east but limited going west. Once heading off the rim on Schnebly Hill road pretty much on it until Sedona. Could always go to Broken Arrow once in Sedona if you don't mind the pink jeeps.

Could always go to Broken Arrow once in Sedona if you don't mind the pink jeeps.
I did Broken Arrow this morning.

The Pink J@@p drivers are pretty cool and they seemed to enjoy the FJ40.

I did Broken Arrow this morning.

The Pink J@@p drivers are pretty cool and they seemed to enjoy the FJ40.

To get to my running registered FJ40 would be at a least a three hundred mile detour. Doubt the pink jeep drivers would think my 2nd gen Sequoia DD, my wife's 4th gen 4Runner DD or a 3rd gen 4Runner I have would be cool. Those are my options of what I have drive out the valley, all 4WD but still not Land Cruisers.

Well my engine developed a misfire 80 miles out of yuma so I turned around and 20 miles later she's a knocking and locked up. Im on the side of I 8 waiting on a tow truck while scouring eBay for a donor 2uz.

Sorry to hear this. How many miles on the 100 series? Two Tundras, a 100 series and 4Runner with the 2UZ. Great engine.

Sorry to hear this. How many miles on the 100 series? Two Tundras, a 100 series and 4Runner with the 2UZ. Great engine.

You know the truck has 193k but I'm certain the engine was replaced previously so no idea. It has land cruiser written on the intake in a paint marker and the vin plate is missing off the engine.

Going to order an engine tomorrow but unfortunately won’t have a free day to start on it until December at the earliest. Had to wait two hours for a tow truck last night and today went got a rental and trailer and hauled it over onto the base where it’ll patiently wait.

:frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom