Scheel-Mann seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did not purchase a second seat yet and probably won’t, my wife is content with the stock seat and it’s hard to justify 2400 bucks for looks.
I hear that. Does it look wierd with 2 different seats tho lol

I got lucky and found a lightly used one on eBay for a fraction of the new cost. Came with heat and controls. I haven’t put it in yet.

The Vario XL only adds height to the seat back, the seat bottom doesn't change. They are expensive, but like anyone has said, they are amazing. We have a showroom in Kirkland, that sells Recaro. I sat in a few flavors of those, and just didn't feel the magic. I sat in a fellow's LX450 that has Scheel-Mann, and it made me want to have them in my house as well as in the cruiser.
As for 2 different seats, that's where seat covers come into play.
Any that Scheel-Mann USA have in stock are going to be cheaper than the "custom order" option (any model seat in any color with any options) as they ship from Germany.
The BMW Alpina has them as stock seats, although that may cost even more.

The Vario XL only adds height to the seat back, the seat bottom doesn't change. They are expensive, but like anyone has said, they are amazing. We have a showroom in Kirkland, that sells Recaro. I sat in a few flavors of those, and just didn't feel the magic. I sat in a fellow's LX450 that has Scheel-Mann, and it made me want to have them in my house as well as in the cruiser.
As for 2 different seats, that's where seat covers come into play.
Any that Scheel-Mann USA have in stock are going to be cheaper than the "custom order" option (any model seat in any color with any options) as they ship from Germany.
The BMW Alpina has them as stock seats, although that may cost even more.
"and it made me want to have them in my house as well as in the cruiser."

Thats HILLARIOUS...I sit in an office chair 10-14 hrs/day and I was literally jus wondering to myself......hmmmm wonder if i cld make 1 of these Scheel-Manns into an office chair. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Suggest you sit on a flat surface with your back straight and measure the distance from the seat to the top of your shoulders. This will give you a good idea of which seats might fit. It took me a long time to find a competition seat that fits me. Finally found one in the uk. The SM seat is the only one with the proper dimensions I’ve found so far.

It's crazy how much difference not being uncomfortable on a drive can make regardless of trip length. My boss gave me Vetrean's day off, so I took advantage and bombed around town in the cruiser and ran some errands. I wasn't out long, but came home with the beginnings of a headache.
@WSOPgold2012 There was a person on Portland craigslist selling a "vintage" Recaro office chair a while back. I think he was asking 1200 for it.

Keep an eye on eBay. Search eBay for “scheel Mann” or “Scheel seat” etc. there’s a few hits on there now.

For a passenger seat look for older VW GTI seats. The mid 80’s and early 90’s gti came with recaro that would be similar appearance. Or could be retailored to match

Keep an eye on eBay. Search eBay for “scheel Mann” or “Scheel seat” etc. there’s a few hits on there now.
been poking around...nothin id want on Ebay

been poking around...nothin id want on Ebay
Yeah it’s hit or miss. I got lucky with that one. Just happened to look one day and the seller was also near a friend who could hold it for me.

Just to add to this conversation I recently stopped into Torfab where they have the Scheel-Mann fabric swatches and sell the seats. This is the rodeo color comparing it to my factory interior gray in my 62. I think it works very well with the factory gray. I would probably see if they have the Vario F seats in rodeo color but with grey bolsters instead of black. I think it will fit well into the cruiser. On my list now. I was able to sit in one at the shop and that alone sold me on the seat.

33CF8C43-0D47-4B24-9AA8-ED11A2699526.jpeg

1A558C19-ED1B-46EA-AB49-6F0E2C0752FB.jpeg

69C3E5D2-AC20-4A67-8F6A-01C0A1D1B537.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes. I like them
Wait until you see the armrest on my cards. . .could've saved literally 100's of hours had I known about the 70 series armrest. . .should've had a V8=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom