Scepter Military Water Container faucet with electric pump (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cartercd

SILVER Star
Threads
For many years I have been using a marine hand pump faucet on my Scepter military water container, but I decided to save myself some calories and go electric. This idea was stolen with pride from a similar setup as described here: 12-volt water system - Scepter installation. A video was later made describing the build:

My version makes use of a portable attached battery vs. being hard-wired into the truck or using a cigarette plug.

Major parts required:
Scepter faucet parts.PNG

The battery is a 12V AGM lead acid, so it can be recharged with an ordinary automotive battery charger. Following the instructions from the above posted links, but adding a battery I came up with this.

Scepter faucet outside.PNG

And alas, a beautiful flowing stream!
Scepter faucet.jpg

Saw one of these USB powered pumps on another forum, they work quite well.

edit: no idea wtf is going on but it wont paste in an amazon link for some reason, so screenshot it is

1603939135281.png

Last edited:
For many years I have been using a marine hand pump faucet on my Scepter military water container, but I decided to save myself some calories and go electric. This idea was stolen with pride from a similar setup as described here: 12-volt water system - Scepter installation. A video was later made describing the build:

My version makes use of a portable attached battery vs. being hard-wired into the truck or using a cigarette plug.

Major parts required:
View attachment 2472661

The battery is a 12V AGM lead acid, so it can be recharged with an ordinary automotive battery charger. Following the instructions from the above posted links, but adding a battery I came up with this.

View attachment 2472662

And alas, a beautiful flowing stream!
View attachment 2472666

Have you had a chance to determine the run time or gallons on a charge?

The pump is rated for 10 liters/minute max. I am seeing about 3.8 liters per minute (which is 1 gallon per minute). As the battery drains the flow rate decreases. I pumped 10 gallons of water and the flow rate had slowed a bit (0.9 gallons/minute) but was acceptable. The battery voltage had dropped to a little over 12V, which is around 50% charge for an AGM battery. You really don't want it to get lower than this if you want to maximize battery life. So I would say you can pump 10 gallons before needing to recharge or swap batteries. Note that the battery referenced in my first post for $18 came as a 2-pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoJ
The pump is rated for 10 liters/minute max. I am seeing about 3.8 liters per minute (which is 1 gallon per minute). As the battery drains the flow rate decreases. I pumped 10 gallons of water and the flow rate had slowed a bit (0.9 gallons/minute) but was acceptable. The battery voltage had dropped to a little over 12V, which is around 50% charge for an AGM battery. You really don't want it to get lower than this if you want to maximize battery life. So I would say you can pump 10 gallons before needing to recharge or swap batteries. Note that the battery referenced in my first post for $18 came a 2-pack.
Thank you. For reference I use around 1.5ga per shower from a manual pump sprayer. The battery life with your setup seems more than adequate

I don’t recommend letting the pump freeze solid in a block of ice over the winter. Don’t ask me why I know. Otherwise this system works great. Mine has a 12v cig plug to power.

The battery concept is enticing. Someone smarter than me need to make that product but have it be compatible with the major tool Battery packs are (Dewalt, Milwaukee, etc)

If you want to use your cordless battery system you can get adapters on Amazon and eBay. You need to check that the pump can handle the voltage.

1606635823190.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom