Say It Ain't So, Joe... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gentlemen (and Junk),

It was fun while it lasted, but with the imminent coming of layoffs at work---the final announcement today---I've decided to sell my 94 FZJ80, which means I'll be Cruiserless. It's been a great ride (pun only partially intended), and I'll definitely miss the good conversation and expert advice.

Thanks much for helping out on my issues (here and over at the SOR board), and I hope that our paths cross again.

More info on the Cruiser sale is at http://www.ocotillodesign.com/cruiser.

Thanks much,

Simmons Buntin
Tucson, AZ

A sad day it is...

I too have been contemplating the sale of my '94 due to school funding problems and issues with the fam.  I haven't even made the final call and I am all torn inside.

I feel your pain.  Sorry...   :( :tear: :(

Simmons,
Sorry to hear about your job situation, and the loss of the Cruiser. My brother just finished school and is in the market for a new vehicle, so perhaps I can convince him to take it off of your hands. He lives in Albuquerque, so C-Dan and Beo can keep an eye on it for you.

:tear: :tear: :tear:

It sucks I know but try to look at the bright side of things.
once you get settled in again you can look for a cruiser with factory lockers and start form scratch with a little more experience under your belt.

Dave,

It has diff locks.......... ::)

Simmons, I have a bud that will be calling you to inquire about a purchase.

Bad for you, good for him.................

&nbsp:Dan

damn.
shameless pad here.
wish I wasnt moving right now or I would be calling
Dave :beer:

I am sorry to hear this but I too will pass the info on to a friend in the market. It would be nice to keep it in the LC family. Good luck in your quest.

Simmons,

You accidentally said that you were going to miss the conversations and advice....although it is very sad that you are selling your cruiser (sorry, I can't get it, my wife says it has too many miles on it :slap: ), but you should still hang out with us and still chat with us and still even go on runs with us. You may have to just ride along, but that can be just as fun as being the pilot :eek: :eek: :eek: Just be sure you have a good digi-cam so you can take pics... :G :G

Noooooooooo! :eek: :'(

Bummer Simmons. Can't you just sell the house or something? There are some very nice tents on the market that'll hold a family!

Seriously, now that cruisers are in your blood, you'll find yourself longing for one, whether it be a 40, 60, or 80. Keep hanging out here with us until that time. Of course, there's always room in my 80 for you and your daughter!

Cheers! :beer:

-H-

dude that's a nice cruiser, I think thats just what my dad needs....
It just might be able to keep up with my 40.. :)
Too bad you hafta sell it.

Simmons,
I hope this is just a short downturn for you and the family. You have some excellent creative ideas and you're in a good industry. Things will be better for you soon. Stick around the addicts here if you can.

In the meantime, you do what you have to do and keep in touch here on the list when you are back in the market for another 80!

Good Luck!
-B-

Thanks for all of the support---this is an amazing group of folks, and you can be sure I'll be lurking around here still. I don't know who will miss the Cruiser more---me, or my 5-year-old daughter, who cried when I told her what had to be done. (Of course, I cried too, but we don't need to talk about that....)

I would definitely love to ride along on runs still, and would be more than happy to be the camera guy. If in Tucson or nearby, definitely give me a shout---my e-mail's available on my profile. 'Tis better to live vicariously through others than not to live at all. (Sounds like a new motto!)

No plans in the foreseeable future for what I'll get, though I like -H-'s idea about selling the house to keep the Cruiser. Heck, with one of those rooftop tents, it's the best of both worlds! Unfortunately, my wife didn't go for it. Really, though, I suspect I'll hold on to my trusty 94 Accord for quite a bit longer. Just for kicks, when I was at a store next to a Nissan dealership I hopped over and sat in a Frontier Crew Cab. Wow, no way could I ever have a four-wheeler other than a Cruiser. So, it will be a while I fear, but I do hope to rejoin the good guys (and gals) behind the wheel of a Cruiser again some day.

Thanks much,

Simmons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom