SafetyRestore.com feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My seat belts arrived yesterday before OP and these were the options that I was provided by SafetyRestore. The lighting and camera setting made it pretty hard to pick one, but I ended up going with option 3 since it was closest to the color of the belt buckle. I also asked for other person's opinion and he agreed with option 3 being the closest match to the belt buckle since I did not send in another belt to compare. This was my second time sending in my seat belts, first time was May 25, 2021. The second picture shows the mismatched color compared to the OEM on the right.
View attachment 2710920
I think your #3 option is the same as my #2 option and I agree... It's best to match to the buckle.

I'm still not really pleased as I was hoping for the belt they advertised below (And I point out with the black arrow). It appears to be the correct shade, or very close, and it's a 7 row web.

SafetyRestore belt colors.jpg

I just received mine back today with option 3 that I chose. This one matches in oak interior a lot better. The color correction and lighting on this picture makes it look a bit off, but its actually pretty close to the interior trim pieces imo. At least to me, it good enough and doesn't stand out as much as the previous color.

20210623_140830.jpg

Do you have the color name/code for the new belt above?

Do you have the color name/code for the new belt above?
No I do not, I mentioned it in one my previous comments. I asked them and was told 'stock comes and goes and shade somewhat change.' Pretty much whatever color they have in stock at the moment.

Ok stupid question, but what if you don't need the belts replaced just the mechanism cleaned or rebuilt? Do they have to replace the belts?

Possibly, but often the mechanisms get gummed up because the fabric is disgustingly dirty. It's possible to clean the belts:

Update on my belts. Third time was the charm... Pretty happy with the end results, even though it's not a perfect match.

Would still like to source the oem 7 row fabric somehow, but at least this looks good whe. It's not side by side with the "correct" color.

20210626_144209.jpg

20210626_144058.jpg

20210626_144157.jpg

I think that is as close as you are going to get, and pretty sure that is the same as what I ended up with as well. Also i've noticed how much better mine retracts and stays out of the way. I am sure you are going to have the same experience. just lets you know how much the webbing filth impacts the ability to retract. Hopefully they know what color they used for you order and they can replicate on future orders for others.

Last edited:
I have the exact same issue they sent me the grey and not the tan/oak. Would you be willing to share your order number I was hoping they could look up your previous order and send me the exact same.
Not sure who you are asking.

Hi all, gonna give this thread a well deserved bump. Someone at safety restore is still very much color blind. Maybe we can do a gofundme for some of those neat color blind glasses for deeply discounted but correctly colored webbings for our belts?

Here’s what my $420 got me. Maybe he thought these were for my Toyota Land Cruiser King Ranch edition.
DBF7CBD0-B8F1-4F35-B62C-93088719CD9B.jpeg
D8EA0781-A18B-49CF-9979-BABB795783E3.jpeg

Hi all, gonna give this thread a well deserved bump. Someone at safety restore is still very much color blind. Maybe we can do a gofundme for some of those neat color blind glasses for deeply discounted but correctly colored webbings for our belts?

Here’s what my $420 got me. Maybe he thought these were for my Toyota Land Cruiser King Ranch edition.
View attachment 3249871View attachment 3249872
I worked with safety restore last year and had the same experience. I believe they are actually a stand up company for basic seat belt repairs, they are not a vintage car restoration company. They have various generic belt colors in stock and simply choose the best color they can at the time. They order belts in bulk and don't necessarily stock the same exact shades all the time. This works great for my 10 year old Ford that just got into a wreck and I need to get back on the road. Not so great for my vintage car that I want to keep looking good with parts that replace original parts. I did call the company and they did work with me to the best of their ability, apologized and even reimbursed me for the entire cost of the repair.
For anyone looking to use them again I would suggest calling them first and paying the shipping for the free swatch selection kit and you can get an exact idea of what they will replace it with. This way you can know what you are getting into before you go through with it and loose the original belt. For myself, I figure that when the passenger starts to fray, I will replace both and do a little more preparation before going through with the purchase.

They're just people dealing with people, and I get people will make mistakes, but this is no longer an isolated incident. What annoys me most is "they" lack common sense. We live in a digitally connected world, and if there's doubt, make a call, an email, a text, a twit, a twaat, FB, Insta, whatever. There is no excuse not to contact the customer anymore these days.

I can't believe there was no doubt in the person's mind when choosing this replacement color to think, "hmmm, this color is wayyyyyy off. I wonder if my choices will be bad for the customer and, therefore, for my company. But, nah **** it, I'll do it anyway."

I have time; I'm not even mad, more befuddled. I'm sure they'll make it right, and I'll report on our mutually agreed-upon course of action.

@jpoole did you ever pull the trigger on your seatbelts.

They're just people dealing with people, and I get people will make mistakes, but this is no longer an isolated incident. What annoys me most is "they" lack common sense. We live in a digitally connected world, and if there's doubt, make a call, an email, a text, a twit, a twaat, FB, Insta, whatever. There is no excuse not to contact the customer anymore these days.

I can't believe there was no doubt in the person's mind when choosing this replacement color to think, "hmmm, this color is wayyyyyy off. I wonder if my choices will be bad for the customer and, therefore, for my company. But, nah f*** it, I'll do it anyway."

I have time; I'm not even mad, more befuddled. I'm sure they'll make it right, and I'll report on our mutually agreed-upon course of action.
I was also baffled at this as well. I believe this not stressed in their quality assurance and simply provide the quickest turn around at the cheapest price. I think the people on this forum is not their target demographic for their customers.

@clx16 None of my 80s seat belts are frayed or show damage so I spent a little time cleaning them and they all started retracting satisfactorily again, though they are still a little slower than I'd like. I assume that at some point it will be time to have them re-webbed but as long as they are retracting and intact I'll probably kick that can down the road.

For cleaning I unbolted the bottom end and then pulled as much of the belts as possible out the door and closed them where they were hanging outside. I then hit them with various cleaners though I think primarily simple green and carpet cleaner along with some scrubbing in hot water/soap until the water stayed clean. They were surprisingly grimy and were holding a lot of gunk.

I was also baffled at this as well. I believe this not stressed in their quality assurance and simply provide the quickest turn around at the cheapest price. I think the people on this forum is not their target demographic for their customers.
FYI, they offered to send me a shipping label so they can swap the webbing for the correct color. I appreciate their willingness to do what is right and will probably give them another chance, but I'm hesitant because I'm not convinced they can get it right. I mean, if they could, they should have the first time.

I might do what others did and ask for color swatches or get a full refund and take my business elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom