SafetyRestore.com feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used Safety Restore with good results. They did a great job matching the color.

Had them do the retractors too. They retract like they did in 2000. Like most things on these trucks it's 25 year old tech. If you compare the to a 2021 Hyundai they are lacking.

FIW I had them do my front two belts last year. I received a call from a manager after sending mine in saying that there is no exact match. So I had them use the closest color, I am happy with how it came out. After 24 + years of sun nothing in your interior even matches factory colors now lol.

Mine are clearly close enough and they could be the factory color if you just look at them, but I don't know how dark mine are from filth... I am betting safety restore is just dealing with a color blindness issue right now and they will likely work it out and all will be good.

If i don't put the old and new next to each other I can't really tell.

I used Safety Restore with good results. They did a great job matching the color.

Had them do the retractors too. They retract like they did in 2000. Like most things on these trucks it's 25 year old tech. If you compare the to a 2021 Hyundai they are lacking.
I initially thought sun fade as well, but the belt that is always retracted, and always hidden behind the B pillar cover, looked exactly the same as the rest of the belt. Basically zero fade...

Lets just hope they do the right thing and figure it out.

As a seatbelt repair facility, I'd assume they would have access to a plethora of vendors for webbing. Hopefully they find the match and let us know the color code so LX/LC owners with Oak interior can just order that number.

Seems like in the past people were very happy with the color match,
so what changed??

I initially thought sun fade as well, but the belt that is always retracted, and always hidden behind the B pillar cover, looked exactly the same as the rest of the belt. Basically zero fade...

Lets just hope they do the right thing and figure it out.

As a seatbelt repair facility, I'd assume they would have access to a plethora of vendors for webbing. Hopefully they find the match and let us know the color code so LX/LC owners with Oak interior can just order that number.
So I had to have a middle belt replaced some time after the 3 points. They were able to match the color but the number of rows was different. They told me they carry a wide varity of webing but they don't always have the exactly the same color, rows etc. So if you're going to do all your belts do them all at one time.

So I had to have a middle belt replaced some time after the 3 points. They were able to match the color but the number of rows was different. They told me they carry a wide varity of webing but they don't always have the exactly the same color, rows etc. So if you're going to do all your belts do them all at one time.
Yeah, the number of rows really isn't too noticeable. I can live with it being different... The color though is the killer. Hope to hear back from them tomorrow.

Is the retractor repair separate or an add-on to the webbing replacement? On their website it looks like they're separate services but some of the posts here are implying the retractors are serviced as part of the webbing replacement.

$64.99 for the retractor repair + $74.99 for the webbing replacement for each side, ~$280 for both sides; is that right?

Is the retractor repair separate or an add-on to the webbing replacement? On their website it looks like they're separate services but some of the posts here are implying the retractors are serviced as part of the webbing replacement.

$64.99 for the retractor repair + $74.99 for the webbing replacement for each side, ~$280 for both sides; is that right?
On our trucks it's serviced with the webbing. The retractor repair is for active retractors that have a charge that goes off to pre-tighten to belt in the event of a crash. When that happens, the belt has to be replaced or repaired.

I get the impression for the webbing repair the retractor service is included. The additional charge for retractor repair is for more modern vehicles that have sensors in the retractor.

E8665907-47DC-4948-943A-12122CEDF4CF.png

Yes, standard retractor belts are disassembled, cleaned and new webbing is installed. They retract great...

They just currently look terrible. Hope they get it straight soon as this is a great service.

@WannaCruise so I think I inadvertently created your problem…

i have a 97 lx450. On May 1st i sent in my seatbelts to safetyrestore, and the color match i got back was terrible. Pic attached. After much back and forth, they told me that the color that matched best was out of stock. They sent me several pictures of various options and I chose the chocolate brown color as i am changing some colors on my LX.

therefore, since another LX450 chose the dark brown on May 8th, I bet they though that color would work for you, too…

B7C26709-FF0D-4413-B279-06FBB389A911.jpeg

So do you think it is best match based on what they have in stock? If so, it is a gamble on what they have at the time right?

So do you think it is best match based on what they have in stock? If so, it is a gamble on what they have at the time right?
Not necessarily. I had to call in as they had my belts for several days and i hadnt heard anything…kinda the opposite of their advertised 1 day turn time. They said being OOS for so long was unusual, but who knows.

i am very happy with the dark ones in my car though, so it worked out for me

Well, SafetyRestore sent me pictures of the best color match they can provide... Original belt is on the left in both pics.

Seatbelt Color Option 1.jpg

Seatbelt Color Option 2.jpg

Did they provide the color names or number codes? Also, judging by the fingertips seems like they are a clean shop. Those fingers look like they just got out of the bathtub!

My seat belts arrived yesterday before OP and these were the options that I was provided by SafetyRestore. The lighting and camera setting made it pretty hard to pick one, but I ended up going with option 3 since it was closest to the color of the belt buckle. I also asked for other person's opinion and he agreed with option 3 being the closest match to the belt buckle since I did not send in another belt to compare. This was my second time sending in my seat belts, first time was May 25, 2021. The second picture shows the mismatched color compared to the OEM on the right.
Untitled.png
20210617_104749.jpg

Did they provide the color names or number codes? Also, judging by the fingertips seems like they are a clean shop. Those fingers look like they just got out of the bathtub!
I had asked for both color names and code but I was told their 'stock comes and goes and shade somewhat change.'

Possible they are facing unprecedented supply chain issues like many are these days. Thanks for clarifying on the retractor/webbing combined service, think I will take the plunge soon. The gray webbing they appear to have in stock at least resembles my gray interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom