SafetyRestore.com feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Rose/Red-Oak/Brown mismatch above makes one wonder if someone at the company is partially color blind??

PLEASANTRIES - Man, I'm sorry to hear this @WannaCruise! Keep jabbing em' and I hope they'll get your order right.

CRITIQUES - Although @WannaCruise is still having issues, (which I believe they want to get right) I did get my second shipment from SafetyRestore.com and they got it RIGHT this time. Although the newer gray is slightly off, it just needs a chance to get dirty again. I think the retracting is decent and pretty close to what it was when I sent it to them. I'd of thought that they would have cleaned it up for me more after all the fiasco, but oh well. I also wished they provided better communication and follow through, like they promise instead of just shipping your belt back to you with no follow up or apologies for screwing up your order. Gee wiz!

THANKS w/ AN EVER SLIGHT SMACK - Shout out to SafetyRestore.com for finally getting their stuff right, but boy do they need better QC! @ERG80 "Does your invoice state whether you received tan or beige for the “color match” " ,they had nothing on the invoice which stated anything about the color match was verified. As a matter of fact, they never sent me an invoice with my initial order or this second re-order. I think MS 'Access' could help better the details and check lists for their invoicing. Ultimately, I'm just happy to have my seat belt back in the gray color and functioning again to keep me safe and clean from the Poh-Poh!

SUMMARY - All around, SafetyRestore.com did a great job in their product quality webbing and stitching and shipping return. I'd most likely use them again, but I'd ensure it was during a time that I truly didn't need my seat belts but knowing I'd get a quality product returned, no matter the color. ;)
Can you post a picture of the new belt so we can see the update?

Also, I agree 100% on the lack of follow up. They said they would call to discuss options but instead just replaced with whatever the color blind person decided worked best and shipped it on.

I'm glad you got resolution, but I'm going on 2+ weeks without my truck and I have at least another week for the third try...

This is making me think i might do some shopping around. Found what looks like safety restore also is under another name (seatbelt restore) and then there is a place here in the Atlanta area (my airbags) that is not far from me that makes me feel a lot more tempted to check other places.

Screenshot_20210611-081916_Chrome.jpg

This is making me think i might do some shopping around. Found what looks like safety restore also is under another name (seatbelt restore) and then there is a place here in the Atlanta area (my airbags) that is not far from me that makes me feel a lot more tempted to check other places.

View attachment 2700701
That's the same address... Same company as Safety Restore.

OK I got off the phone with the local place, they let me drop off and choose colors etc, so that is what I am going to do. I don't have a grey interior one to get a color on that too to post back for you all, but whatever color is the closest to the oak interior i will post it back here.

My thanks to the OP and others who have chimed in regarding Safety Restore. I received my four belts back a few weeks ago and didn’t unwrap them as I’ve pulled the interior and didn’t need the belts installed just yet. I ended up with the rosy brown webbing after a request of color match. My original order was made over the phone, jic a web order error was suspected, and the receipt showed the same.

I called Safety Restore today and they are going to redo all four belts and reimburse me for return shipping to them. I attempted to text them yesterday and never got a response back, but the rep on the phone today did see my text in their system. He was very apologetic for the original work and failure to reach out to me when I texted with my issue. The belts are back in the mail with an original third row belt in the box to assist in making a closer color match. I’ll report back on the results when they return.

DF242687-19C8-48B8-BFA5-878B95C8EC04.jpeg

My thanks to the OP and others who have chimed in regarding Safety Restore. I received my four belts back a few weeks ago and didn’t unwrap them as I’ve pulled the interior and didn’t need the belts installed just yet. I ended up with the rosy brown webbing after a request of color match. My original order was made over the phone, jic a web order error was suspected, and the receipt showed the same.

I called Safety Restore today and they are going to redo all four belts and reimburse me for return shipping to them. I attempted to text them yesterday and never got a response back, but the rep on the phone today did see my text in their system. He was very apologetic for the original work and failure to reach out to me when I texted with my issue. The belts are back in the mail with an original third row belt in the box to assist in making a closer color match. I’ll report back on the results when they return.

View attachment 2700972
This is not looking promising... I really want to see @saraujo pic to see how his redone ones came out...

So you went with 70170 then?
yep and it isn't exact but it is VERY close, in my opinion.
Do they clean and rewind the retractors if needed?
The lady there asked me if i wanted them to "shake it out" as that is something they can do. But she said they will inspect to see if everything is still good. Right now i am only paying the 70 something dollars for the re-webbing and hopefully they let me know if it needs more.

She said she can handling vehicles back to 1990 which is not what their website says (1998 oldest).

IF this goes well I am taking my minitruck seatbelts there.

Whose the person you all have been dealing with? I'd like to use their services but want to avoid the mismatch color, the shipping, the disappointment, the shipping back and hassle of calling/texting them if possible.

Seems they are willing to right a wrong so I'm willing to give them a shot but I rather talk to someone who knows about the mismatch issue with the 80s and can work with me on getting it right the 1st time. I have grey seat belts on my 93 similar to @saraujo.

Whose the person you all have been dealing with? I'd like to use their services but want to avoid the mismatch color, the shipping, the disappointment, the shipping back and hassle of calling/texting them if possible.

Seems they are willing to right a wrong so I'm willing to give them a shot but I rather talk to someone who knows about the mismatch issue with the 80s and can work with me on getting it right the 1st time. I have grey seat belts on my 93 similar to @saraujo.
I spoke to Alex on Friday and he is the one personally overseeing the rework to ensure a closer match.

When these get restored/new belt material, do they install the plastic stopper for the belt buckle? If not does the buckle just slide down the belt and leave you groping for it?

top picture shows the stopper...it is black. not that I care, but they do put in a stopper.

I didn't get them to do anything with that other than clean it out. it isn't like new but it is better than the old belt i took out. I am thinking it is just better because the belt is more flexible than the crusty old one. When i take the next set i am going to ask them about new springs. I am pretty happy with the service and since it is only 30 mins from me. I think I will abandon any thoughts of shipping anything to safety restore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom