Rusty frame fix for your '60 series! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mind saying how much it all cost you?

cabron said:
Mind saying how much it all cost you?

Approximately $1000 US!

glad to see it made it over here. As I said over on the other board, great job!!

So if you brought your own engine hoist, a couple big floor jacks, & a few giant jack stands (totalling about $500-600) it might go pretty easy?

Think you could barter the tools for part of the install?

Tinker said:
So if you brought your own engine hoist, a couple big floor jacks, & a few giant jack stands (totalling about $500-600) it might go pretty easy?

Think you could barter the tools for part of the install?

That's a possibility, are you interested?

Thanks for the pics and all the info! Maybe drive my truck down south for a vacation and a frame swap one day. I heard they do really good body work with lead filler instead of bondo.

Man that's a steal. I always loved Latin America for reasons evident in this post. Most dont have the "right" tools but will a way to make it happen. Mind saying what you are doing down there? If it's a cartel dont tell me!

Nice job! Great pix too.

A most impressive set of posts! No frame rot here, but If I ever get any, I'm driving down there. Great work.

Incredible.

I can't even imagine the amount of work that you had to do to get the rust out of your body!

archie said:
I heard they do really good body work with lead filler instead of bondo.

They might but it isn't their normal practice! They usually put a skim coat of bondo over the whole vehicle!

cabron said:
Man that's a steal. I always loved Latin America for reasons evident in this post. Most dont have the "right" tools but will a way to make it happen. Mind saying what you are doing down there? If it's a cartel dont tell me!

I work as a shop teacher/maintenance man at an expat school serving mostly missionary kids. It is a volunteer position but gives us opportunity for travel here as well.

very nice job.

I was impressed with all those pictures you had taken. Its nice to see the work that went into it. BTW, somone here in vancouver BC had there bj-60 frame dipped in acid and galvonized. Looked increadable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom