Rusty frame fix for your '60 series! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how much was the frame?

YEah I was wondering the same thing.

Zack

Simply jiggling the body so that everything lined up. It ends up being a bit of a push and shove to line up things. Do NOT redrill anything!

how much was the frame?

The BJ60 specific frame was well under $500 at the wreckers. I saw another couple when I was there a month or two ago. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you my B.C. phone number.

I know this is an old post but it has helped me far beyond how I can express.

I am not Charles, I am almost finished with my frame swap, if you are interested I can give you some pointers,, I put a 62 frame under a 60 body so I had some other issues to deal with...

pm me if you want my knowledge

I am not Charles, I am almost finished with my frame swap, if you are interested I can give you some pointers,, I put a 62 frame under a 60 body so I had some other issues to deal with...

pm me if you want my knowledge

Got a thread on that?

I'm replacing my frame with a 62 frame in the next couple of months.

me too

It seems to be a pretty common thing to do. I found a 62 frame in great shape that I'm gonna swap under my 60. I just brought it over to where i'm workin on my truck today.:bounce:

That is awesome work. Love the 1st engine hoist.

Got a thread on that?

I'm replacing my frame with a 62 frame in the next couple of months.

No thread yet.

I did have some advantages over other people that have done this,,
forklift
trailer and lots of land to store the body- but a bird did get in the transmission hole and poop everywhere
3-4'tall jack stands to hold said body
heated shop
sand blaster
lots of time
2 post vehicle lift---a friend made one out of 4x4s to lift the body off his frame,, I have a picture of it if some one wants inspiration

post 17 top picture, what are those 2 brown bars that look mounted to the tailgate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom