Rust prevention from road salts - do these work? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
Threads
The undercarriage of my rig is in great shape, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I've always been curious about using tools like these: Undercarriage pressure washer attachment

Do folks on here use these? Are they worth the $50-$60 to help get the road salts off of the bottom of the rig in the winter as necessary?

Similar to answering "Miata" when asked about which car to buy, I'm not sure "fluid film" is the de facto answer (for me at least)

The undercarriage of my rig is in great shape, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I've always been curious about using tools like these: Undercarriage pressure washer attachment

Do folks on here use these? Are they worth the $50-$60 to help get the road salts off of the bottom of the rig in the winter as necessary?

Similar to answering "Miata" when asked about which car to buy, I'm not sure "fluid film" is the de facto answer (for me at least)
I rcvd an electric power washer for xmas, and would love to have an attachment like that for our vehicles.So long as the pressure is not excessive, I'd think something like that would work great. With the jets turned down, like a liquid shop broom.

Personally I would just spend the money every year or two to get the vehicle undercoated. Spent $160 on NH oil undercoating and its been through two winters. Good as new

Reactions: MJK
Washing salt off after the season seems like a good thing, but probably not as effective as protective barrier that keeps it from interacting with the metal in the first place.

Pardon my ignorance, but is rust a problem in NM?

It's the silent killer out here ;)

Personally I would just spend the money every year or two to get the vehicle undercoated. Spent $160 on NH oil undercoating and its been through two winters. Good as new
NH Oil undercoating or Krown are worth every penny. $140/year in exchange for a rust-free car as long as you own it.

Not sure where you live, but look to see if there is a Krown delaer/applier near you. I live in Pittsburgh and my LC has seen 10 winters w/ zero rust to date. I have Krown applied each year. The stuff is awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom