runs rich and rough (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have something seriously wrong if you are using that much fuel. I'm honestly not even sure how your truck is starting.

Sounds like your situation is a lot more than just rough running when cold. I think its time for a full baseline check of the engine....fuel pressure, vacuum, compression, valve clearance etc. If you know that mechanically the engine is trim and in spec then its a lot easier to go to the next step. 1/4 tank of fuel in 20 miles sounds like the EFI is at full injector duty cycle and you should be seeing a black cloud behind you. Your cats are likely toast by now if they are still on the truck.

You have something seriously wrong if you are using that much fuel. I'm honestly not even sure how your truck is starting.

Sounds like your situation is a lot more than just rough running when cold. I think its time for a full baseline check of the engine....fuel pressure, vacuum, compression, valve clearance etc. If you know that mechanically the engine is trim and in spec then its a lot easier to go to the next step. 1/4 tank of fuel in 20 miles sounds like the EFI is at full injector duty cycle and you should be seeing a black cloud behind you. Your cats are likely toast by now if they are still on the truck.
I cleaned the throttle body and replaced the intake hose from the TBI to the air cleaner . I think it was the TBI cleaning that did the trick. There was enough caked on mess that I'm sure it was keeping the throttle valve partially open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom