Running boards Q's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.bww.com
I did a search and found very limited answers, meaning none of them answered my question.

Did 92 Fj80s ever come with factory running boards? If they did not can they be retrofitted with Fzj's running boards?

Thanks for answering folks.

DigitalKnight86 said:
I did a search and found very limited answers, meaning none of them answered my question.

Did 92 Fj80s ever come with factory running boards? If they did not can they be retrofitted with Fzj's running boards?

Thanks for answering folks.

Dude, DONT get running boards. If you are in the same situation as I was when I got my rig without running boards, get some Slee StepSliders or Slee SliderSteps (yes there is a difference). Your wife will LOVE you for it. Also makes the rig much more grandparent friendly and female coworker friendly although I do miss the "panty-shots" I used to get as girls would trapeeze themselves into my rig!!! :grinpimp: :flipoff2: :grinpimp:

thanks for the advice turbo, but I'd still like to see if its possible.

Can't get slidersteps or slee sliders, they only fit FZJ's. You can get nerf bars for an FJ80 but I don't think they made any running boards for them.

Wanted to know if anyone has fitted FZJ running boards on FJ80? Someone out there has done it, they just need to come forward.

The FJ80 was never offerd with running boards in the US market. A domesticly sourced accessory running board kit was offered starting in the 1993 model year. That kit will not work on a 91-92 due to the change in the fender flare size between the 92 and 93 year model. they could be fitted if one also changed out all the flare$. Of course it is a bit of a moot point as the later kit has been discontinuted for quite some time now.

Dan,

That was the answer I was looking for. I knew there was an answer somewhere. Thanks Dan

Hmm 3 options are now before me.

a) Go with Dan's plan

b) Get Mana-Fre sliders

c) Screw the the running boards

Decisions decisions

C.... or sliders....you won't regret it.

Slee's Step Sliders will give you best of both...

Go see this man named Ken. He can build you some "running boards." They will be heavy duty running boards though... very heavy duty.

http://www.hannaquality.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom