Run into problem installing slee castor plates... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The 18x90mm bolt that goes through the top hole on the plates and into the ds axle housing is too large for the existing bolt hole on the axle. I can't seem to find anything on this being a problem or even a possiblity of being a problem :confused:

tried calling slee but havent being able to reach anyone yet.

Turns out i was being a bit too careful. The bolt is made with a very close tolerance to the hole and with 15 years or crude built up it just needed a little coaxing from the hammer. The quality of parts and hardware included is amazing, im very impressed....godd job slee!:cheers:

BTW, what tools did you use to get around these large bolt heads? The biggest socket i have is a 24 mm and largest wrench is a 19 and these are at least 25mm. I temporarly used a large crescent and channel locks to test fit the plates for grinding but am hesitant to use this as the final torque down tools. Theres definitely no room to manuever a tq. wrench under there, especially the PS side?

Your local Sears will have a socket set with the larger sizes for about $40.

On sale now for $30

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00934575000P

-B-

Last edited:
Thanks Beo for the heads up to sears sale...happen to know what sizes i need?

No, but someone started a list of the larger sizes used on our 80s. You are needing to fit a non-Toyota bolt so you'll have to figure that out yourself or call Christo. Since your largest is a 24mm, buy the above set plus a 25mm and a 26mm and you should have everything covered. (But I like to buy tools. :D)

-B-

27mm on the diff side.

Guess ill just have to buy them all then..... Tools are mens equivalent of women and their stupid shoes :grinpimp:

Were you able to put a Tq wrench on them?

Tools are mens equivalent of women and their stupid shoes :grinpimp:

Not when :princess: has sexy feet.

There is no such comparison on or off sale at Sears :grinpimp:

If my dog ate tools like she does the :princess: shoes.... I'd have a lot of tools.

Thanks Beo for the heads up to sears sale...happen to know what sizes i need?

27mm, 24mm, and 22mm

Also I used a 1/2" ratchet extention and a big flat head screwdriver to help line up the holes. Good luck!

Well if were talking about the clear plastic shoes.... Im all for those!

thanks mike!

So old thread back to life lol. Any tips on installing these mothers. Spent a 3 few hours last night with no luck. started on tires like directions said. Used a floor jack on the panhard bracket to rotate the axle. However the inner plates don't rotate enough that I can not coax the bolt in. I tried using a floor jack on the third member to rotate it down as well and a no go. Next I repeated this while on jack stands. I tried screw drivers, pry bars etc and this MF won't cooperate.

You just have to man up and make it turn. Get a bigger pry bar.
Having the weight off the axle helps too.

Pry bar under coil bucket/perch gives great leverage. I used a 6' landscape iron digging bar and was a breeze. And as pinhead said if you can put jackstands under frame instead it frees up the axle to move easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom