RTH: lug nuts off rear wheel - still can't remove wheel ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok....just rotating tires here...got the lugs off, but the passenger rear wheel just wont come off!!??

Tried whacking with BFrubber mallet, tried lowering jack so pressure is back on wheel/tire....to no avail.

Any suggestions?

What started as a quick 20 min chore, has turned into an hour and a half of WTF!!

Drop kick...or put the lugs on loosely and a quick drive.

Use a bigger hammer. Hit it from behind while the wheel is up off the ground. Is there rust between the wheel and hub? Spray some penetrating oil between the wheel and hub and at each stud, let it sit for a bit then beat the snot out of it with a hammer. Use a piece of wood so you don't damage the wheel.

Use a bigger hammer. Hit it from behind while the wheel is up off the ground. Is there rust between the wheel and hub? Spray some penetrating oil between the wheel and hub and at each stud, let it sit for a bit then beat the snot out of it with a hammer. Use a piece of wood so you don't damage the wheel.

Be sure to rotate the wheel after each whack with the 2x4

Dont be shy :bang:

GL

My first time rotating my tires also had one that was pretty well stuck on. I finally gave it a few moderate kicks to the tire in different spots and it freed it. Best of luck.

If you drive it with loose lugnuts be sure to pull over the minute you hear it start to klunk

I had the same issue, some penetrating lube around the center hub and a 5lb mini sldge and put cardboard doubled up against the inside rim,hit>rotate>hit rotate>..etc

you need to kick the ever-living crap out of it

Put your purse down and beat it like it owes you money.

Then again we dont have rust out here and all my parts come off without a fuss. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom