RTH - 3fe Torque Specs, T-stat to block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The water pump on my '92 (175k miles) finally gave out, so I'm replacing the thermostat while I'm in there. Thanks to @beno for the parts, super-fast shipping, and helpful advice on the project.

The FSM says that the 4 bolts that hold the thermostat housing together need to be 13 ft-lbs, but I'm not seeing anything that gives the torque specs for the 2 bolts that connect the lower half of the t-stat housing to the actual engine block. I've been searching Mud for hours (including the 60 series sections) and haven't found a single mention of these two bolts.

I don't want to assume these two bolts have the same torque as the four t-stat housing bolts, and then not get a good seal on it and ruin the gasket. This is my daily driver, and if I have to drive my wife's minivan to work one more day, I'm going to lose it :bang:

18 ft-lbf (page EM-32 of FSM)

I was so focused looking through the coolant section, it never occurred to me to look elsewhere in the FSM. Looks like I need to do some more exploratory reading in this to see what other tidbits I can find.

Thanks very much!
~ Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom