RT: Help with Fuel injector rail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am replacing my head gasket and had the injectors cleaned. I had her all back together, but when I turned it over it started spewing fuel at the rail. My injectors weren't set correctly and crimped a couple of o-rings. Is there a way to put the rail under pressure without the efi on it, so that I can make sure I'm not having the same issue?

I am replacing my head gasket and had the injectors cleaned. I had her all back together, but when I turned it over it started spewing fuel at the rail. My injectors weren't set correctly and crimped a couple of o-rings. Is there a way to put the rail under pressure without the efi on it, so that I can make sure I'm not having the same issue?
Did you ever figure this out?

I just went through an exhaustive self-done rebuild and when I went to turn over the key, fuel went everywhere all over the engine block.

After all that hard work, I am a little miffed. But its part of the learning process...

Installed new Exhaust Manifold Gasket, had injectors cleaned by Witch Hunter Performance.

Thanks for any input.

Not sure on the '62, but on the '80 you check installed injectors by rotating them with the fuel rail bolted down. If they turn smoothly & without binding you're gtg.

I imagine it's the same?

Thanks Seth. I had my wife crank the engine and found my issue. The fuel dampener had come loose and was spewing gas all over the place. No gas was going to the injectors.

Issue solved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom