Help needed with FJ62 fuel line & vapor collection lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alex Waddell

SILVER Star
Threads
Fuel separator question.png

Here is the tank I am connecting to.
FJ40 tank with fuel pump.jpg

As you van see, I only have the fuel pressure, return, & 1 vent line.
Do I just tie the four lines to the single vent line or do I need to add more vent ports to my tank?

My aftermarket ARB long range (2X) gas tank had some vapor lines on both sides of the tank. I think it’s for redundancy and to always have a vent line open when the vehicle isn’t level.

In a 40 I wouldn’t worry about matching the 60 layout since they have a vented gas cap.

In a 40 I wouldn’t worry about matching the 60 layout since they have a vented gas cap.
I was wondering about that. Are you saying that the FJ62 didn't have a vented gas cap? I was trying to copy the FJ62 as closely as possible to not run into unforeseen fuel problems. Are you suggesting that I use the stock FJ40 gas cap?
I do have a single vent line on the top of the tank that I could plumb those four lines to.

Vented gas caps are an emissions no no. No modern vehicle has one. Not even FJ60- which is hardly modern.

I was wondering about that. Are you saying that the FJ62 didn't have a vented gas cap? I was trying to copy the FJ62 as closely as possible to not run into unforeseen fuel problems. Are you suggesting that I use the stock FJ40 gas cap?
I do have a single vent line on the top of the tank that I could plumb those four lines to.

I was suggesting that I’m not sure I’d go to the effort of retrofitting the 60 series liquid/vapor separator setup into a 40. It’s 60 series specific, not 3FE specific

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom