Roundup 09 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to bear bad news....

The latest map (3/15/09) shows Mason County remains under a burn ban.
...yes, I know the website title says DecBan. ;)

http://tfsfrp.tamu.edu/wildfires/DecBan.png

See y'all Wednesday!
Nick

Just FYI if you haven't gotten your email (and to rub it in a bit to the people who aren't going! ;) )

Our Event Coordinator has asked to provide a few last minute items that will make the time spent at Katemcy Rocks go smoothly for everyone.

Upon arrival, please stop at the front gate and pay the Katemcy Rocks $80 vehicle fee. This includes park entry and camping for the weekend. Everyone is required to sign a waiver and will receive a wristband. Katemcy does not accept credit cards, so please have a check or cash ready.

After your Katemcy registration, please head over to the Round-Up Registration tent and pick up your drivers packet, meal tickets, etc. We will have someone working registration beginning on Wednesday afternoon. Registration will be open on Thursday morning at 7 am, if you arrive late on Wednesday or want to wait until Thursday to pick up your packet.

After you have completed both registrations, you will want to see Kowboy to go through tech inspection and ensure your truck is trail-worthy.

There are not a lot of rules, but there are a few we need to call out:

· After numerous complaints last year about dogs running loose and soiling some camping gear, we have a requirement for all puppy dogs to be on a lease at all times.

· There is a 5 mph speed limit in camp. We will have lots of kiddos running around. Please look for them and be careful driving through the camp area.

· Katemcy Rocks prohibits alcohol on the trails and will ask you to leave the property without a refund for violation of this one.

· No night wheeling. There will be an organized scenic night run led by our friends at Katemcy, for those who are interested. Wheeling hours are until dark, each day.

· No wheeling alone. You must have a minimum of 2 vehicles in your group.

· All occupants must wear seat belts

· Trash in – trash out. Do not leave trash, including cigarette butts on the trail. There are lots of trash containers provided in camp.

If you need assistance at any time during the event, find a staff member – they are happy to help and are around to make your experience at the Round Up a great one! They will be wearing a Staff Shirt, which is light green T-shirt and different than everyone else.

The raffle is going to rival any raffle at other events you will attend….don’t forget to set aside cash for extra tickets! Some of the larger prizes include:

· $1500 ARB gift certificate from LSLC and ARB

· 12000 lb winch from LSLC DFW

· 8000 lb winch from LSLC Austin

· Set of 4 Toyo Open Country A/T 33 1250 15 from Baker Tire & Alignment

· FJ40 full cage kit from Redline Motorsports

· Set of 4 – 17” TRD Aluminum wheels from TRD USA

As a reminder, if you have not responded to Kristie with the BBQ #s, T-shirt size, or Kiddo information, please do so by 9 am on Wednesday.

The countdown has started….we will see you in 2 days at Katemcy Rocks. Safe Travels to everyone!

Thanks,

Butch Baker, Event Coordinator

Kristie Barlow, Event Staff

just to make sure im on the same page....

for the BBQ and T-shirt info we just reply to the first e-mail sent out... right?

just to make sure im on the same page....

for the BBQ and T-shirt info we just reply to the first e-mail sent out... right?

2nd email info only no action required on your part, other than to give Kristie hell over the leased dogs, if you own the dog ya can't bring it, only rented dogs allowed....:D:D:D:D

Sneak Peak

Sneak Peak

Event decals arrived today..........

:D:D
P3150092.JPG

Sweet!

Sneak Peak

Event decals arrived today..........

:D:D

Nice

On that note im loaded and ready!!

Well almost, the trucks are ready.:steer:
004 (2).jpg
005.jpg
007.jpg

Talked to a lady at the Judge's office in Mason County and they seem to think that an enclosed and covered fire is acceptable. Guess I'll bring my metal fire pit and cover!!

Talked to a lady at the Judge's office in Mason County and they seem to think that an enclosed and covered fire is acceptable. Guess I'll bring my metal fire pit and cover!!
Fireman, you should know better than anyone. :p

The Forest Service's guideline for complying with a burn ban is create no ash.

So, wood & charcoal combustibles are out but gas stoves, gas campfires (Camp Chef, etc.) and gas heaters (catalytic or radiant).

The lady at the judges office may know more about combustibles than you or I, but if you are that guy who burns the place down, you will ultimately be held responsible and I doubt she'll back you up. :D

Either way I'm sure you'll have fun!

Face it, the boy just likes fire! Hell, his job depends on it!

Later,

Mostly loaded up. I loaded the kegerator and 4 kegs of Shiner. :D I'm ready for some Advil and sleep! See y'all there!

Ain't nuthin' finer than several kegs 'o Shiner! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom