ROTW - Aussie Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day all and welcome to the start of another great Cruiser week

Well this is my rig hope you enjoy it as much as I do

1991 HZJ 80 deisel 4.2 litre (1HZ)

5 speed manual transmission

334 000 km

TJM alloy bullbar with 175 narva lights 1 spread 1 spot beam

Dual batteries isolated when ignition is off and charge together when running

Glind shower

ERPS Electronic Rust Prevention System. as the name says it is an electronic systen that prevents rust by sending a current through the body panels
Check it out at www.erps.com.au

UHF and AM Uniden cbs

Pioneer cd player

Garmin GPS

Cargo barrier

Big red compreesor

40 litre Engel fridge

ARB airlocker {rear}

Air tank fitted behind bullbar runs locker and for airing up tyres

Alloy roofrack

16x7 Performance alloys

265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer STs

3 inch lift

Well that's all I can think of at the moment
glendon.jpg
quarry.jpg
uhf.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ride,
You didnt mention the Snorkle in you description.
How about some more pics of the interior?

Kent

More photos
bigred.jpg
console.jpg
P5140069.jpg

livelarg said:
Nice ride,
You didnt mention the Snorkle in you description.
How about some more pics of the interior?

Kent

AND A SAFARI SNORKLE

Aussie,

Tell us about your Glind Shower.

Grouseman

Aussie cruiser said:
UHF and AM Uniden cbs

How did you mount your CB above the rear-view mirror? Is that a custom box?

Really nice cruiser, Aussie...One question, Why did you opt for smaller tires with a 3" lift?

Nice looking vehicle.

What is the purpose of the four cylinders located on the bumper on the passenger side?

Last edited:
rgsiii said:
Nice looking vehicle.

What is the purpose of the four cylinders located on the bumper on the passenger side?

I'll bet it's for holding rods during surf fishing.

Tell us how you like the rust prevention. Sounds pretty neat, and i'm sure could come in handy to the folks living in the northeast US with tons of salt on the roads.

Let me be the first to say.. " I hate You " have never met you and you are more than likely a great guy but I hate you anyway... 1HZ and a 5 speed...hate you yes I do !! No sunroof, quad headlights... probably has one of those damm sub tanks... hate , Hate, HATE !!!

Don't even think about telling us your millage or fuel range...

do i smell a little bit of jelousy(sp) ok how about alot!!!

yea me too!!
super nice rig man keep up the good work!!

ryan :D

squeezer said:
Let me be the first to say.. " I hate You " have never met you and you are more than likely a great guy but I hate you anyway... 1HZ and a 5 speed...hate you yes I do !! No sunroof, quad headlights... probably has one of those damm sub tanks... hate , Hate, HATE !!!

Don't even think about telling us your millage or fuel range...

Aussie cruiser- very nice rig! Looks great for its age! Can you tell me about the rear "tyre" carrier? Is that stock or aftermarket? Can you post some pics?

concretejungle said:
I'll bet it's for holding rods during surf fishing.

Tell us how you like the rust prevention. Sounds pretty neat, and i'm sure could come in handy to the folks living in the northeast US with tons of salt on the roads.

I was really hoping it was to be part one of the making of a real land tank. :D

Last edited:
Grouseman said:
Aussie,

Tell us about your Glind Shower.

Grouseman

Just went out into the cold wintery rain and got a couple of pics or the Glind
glind1.jpg
glind2.jpg

The CB mount is a made by Marks 4wd Adaptors it is metal and fibreglass covered in velour www.marks4wd.com

The tyres were kept at standard size mainly due to the fact that 265 was the biggest that could be legally fitted to the 7" rims

The tubes are rod holders although rocket launchers would be handy for peak hour traffic

The ERPS is something you can't see working you just hope it is doing what they say it does. I had it fitted to a 60 series first that had a rust problem and after the rust was fixed I only had rust come back in the areas where rust had all ready been. No new rust.

The deisel is great for mileage I get 600 km from the main tank easily biggest problem is the price of deisel it is usually about 15 to 20 cents per litre dearer that petrol

The tyre carrier is a Kaymar fitted to the original bumper. Alaska cruiser I will post pics later when the rain stops

Aussie cruiser said:
The tyres were kept at standard size mainly due to the fact that 265 was the biggest that could be legally fitted to the 7" rims

265x75x16 was the standard Australian factory tyre size?

Thats cool.. I can't see yours but at the marks4wd site that upper console has a factory sub fuel tank guage up there. Does your have that or is it just a compass and altimeter?
Also, would that console work for 80's with a sunroof?

rgsiii said:
I was really hoping it was to be part one of the making of a real land tank. :D

There is just something about the Tiger I that I can't put my finger on. I think that the 88mm anti-aircraft main gun may have something to do with it. The overall apearance is also imposing. At 56 tonnes it was very heavy and quite slow, limited to about 25mph or so. Good for us they had a crappy powerplant that broke down on a regular basis and they couldn't make enough of them.

nice rig with some novel to me features. a few questions if you have time...

do you have any closer shots of the roofrack? it looks simple and solid.

I am familiar with electric corrosion suppression systems for underground fuel storage tanks but I thought their fatal weakness was that any uncoated metal hooked up to the system became sacrificial? is it on all the time or only when the vehicle is running?

it looks like the glinds shower uses a heat exchanger but where do you store the h20?

i believe you need the factory altimeter option to use the marks cb extension. I also believe it works fine with a sunroof.

gbell210 said:
Thats cool.. I can't see yours but at the marks4wd site that upper console has a factory sub fuel tank guage up there. Does your have that or is it just a compass and altimeter?
Also, would that console work for 80's with a sunroof?

I have the subtank fuel gauge and the altimeter. I first fitted the CB indash below the stereo but got sick of the cord getting tangled around the gear lever.
It would have been nice to fit a full length console that goes back as far as the interior light but too many dollars for one of them

it looks like the glinds shower uses a heat exchanger but where do you store the h20?

Water is stored in a 60litre tank under the camper trailer that usually gets towed on trips but I have plans to fit a tank under the back of the cruiser where the spare was. For that reason I had 15mm spacers fitted when the lift was done to accomadate the extra weight when the tank goes in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom