ROTW - Aussie Cruiser (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hello aussie cruiser , verry nice rig , i also have a 91' 1Hz 5speed nice to see that im not totaly alone here

cheers to ya .

(I'l probably pm you later when i need help if it's okay with you , it's almost imposible to get anything here.)

Aussie cruiser said:
The CB mount is a made by Marks 4wd Adaptors it is metal and fibreglass covered in velour www.marks4wd.com

Does the Sub tank guage work, come with the unit? It shows an altimiter also on Marks site, does it come with both the sub tank guage and the altimiter?

To hook up the sub tank guage, how is it done, one wire or ???

Did your cruiser come with the overhead unit or did you have to fab it in , if you had to adjust stuff to install it correctly what did you have to do?

How differant is the rear view mirror area on your truck compared to a US 80. Can this be utilized on my US rig?

I guess thats all, I really like your shower, its on the list for down the road.

Nice Rig

Steven

loquito said:
1 Does the Sub tank guage work, come with the unit? It shows an altimiter also on Marks site, does it come with both the sub tank guage and the altimiter?

2 To hook up the sub tank guage, how is it done, one wire or ???

3 Did your cruiser come with the overhead unit or did you have to fab it in , if you had to adjust stuff to install it correctly what did you have to do?

4 How differant is the rear view mirror area on your truck compared to a US 80. Can this be utilized on my US rig?

1 Yes the subtank gauge does work .All GXL cruisers have the sub as standard trim here. The gauge and altimeter are both factory items.

2 Going by the wiring diagram in the manual it has 2 wires

3 The console came all ready to install with the cut out for the radio. Was just a matter of fitting the radio to the bracket (pre-drilled mount either side of the radio) The original console is removed, the new one fits to the existing screw holes in the roof and the original console is the screew to the new one using the original monting screws. The hard bit is running the wires across to the A pillar. You have to send it across between the rooflining and the roof. The mirror has a spacer between it and the mount to lower the mirror so it is not blocked at all

4 From what I've seen on here with the US cruisers the console you have for the sun roof contols is the same so if you have one there should't be a problem

hope this helps

Thanks for the responce. Thats a cool set up,especially the sub tank part.
Steven

Okay please excuse my ignorance but I wish to clerify.
When you order this from Marks, does it only include the velour radio box? Or do you get the radio box as well as the plastic housing holding the light/altimiter/fuel guage?

Your responce about {The gauge and altimeter are both factory items.}
make me ask if it incudes everything. Right now I just have the light and controls for the moon roof( Like all US) When I order from Mark will I get all the parts to look like yours?

Do I need to already have the plastic housing that holds the light/altimiter/fuel guage?
Thanks for your patience
Steven

The Marks gizmo is a "spacer" only. You need the OEM over-head console to complete it. Your current overhead is much smaller and will not work.

I do very much like the idea but I wonder about all the heat that comes thru the roof on a hot summer afternoon. Two-way radios do not generally like that very much and with that set-up there is zero airflow around the radio chassis.

Aussie cruiser said:
The CB mount is a made by Marks 4wd Adaptors it is metal and fibreglass covered in velour www.marks4wd.com

The tyres were kept at standard size mainly due to the fact that 265 was the biggest that could be legally fitted to the 7" rims

The tubes are rod holders although rocket launchers would be handy for peak hour traffic

The ERPS is something you can't see working you just hope it is doing what they say it does. I had it fitted to a 60 series first that had a rust problem and after the rust was fixed I only had rust come back in the areas where rust had all ready been. No new rust.

The deisel is great for mileage I get 600 km from the main tank easily biggest problem is the price of deisel it is usually about 15 to 20 cents per litre dearer that petrol

The tyre carrier is a Kaymar fitted to the original bumper. Alaska cruiser I will post pics later when the rain stops

any idea what the gas mileage is? (yikes, here come the l/100km?)

cruiserdan said:
The Marks gizmo is a "spacer" only. You need the OEM over-head console to complete it. Your current overhead is much smaller and will not work.

I do very much like the idea but I wonder about all the heat that comes thru the roof on a hot summer afternoon. Two-way radios do not generally like that very much and with that set-up there is zero airflow around the radio chassis.
Thanks Dan
that was exactly what I was asking. Well at least I had a day to tell myself how nice the fuel guage would look up there :doh:
You have a real nice cruiser Aussie cruiser.
steven

e9999 said:
any idea what the gas mileage is? (yikes, here come the l/100km?)

Mileage is about 20mpg working on australian gallon of 4.54 litres.
Like most engines it depends on how hard you push it.

Aussie cruiser said:
Mileage is about 20mpg working on australian gallon of 4.54 litres.
Like most engines it depends on how hard you push it.

4.54???

our gallon is 3.78 l. This is a huge difference! You guys really got be different, eh? :D

So that would be only about 17 mpUSg then... ?? Am I missing something?

hey another aussie, i thought i was alone. your cruiser in very good nick. i have just joined up to get some more inspiration for my toyota. did you put castors on your 3'' lift? your toyota is familiar... im in brisbane. :beer:

Do I spy a stubbie holder?

:D
attachment.jpg

I dont think there is a cruiser in Aus without a stubbie holder or two in it .
Dont reckon it would be a real one if it didnt.
I carry at least 4 at all times.

Sanda said:
hey another aussie, i thought i was alone. your cruiser in very good nick. i have just joined up to get some more inspiration for my toyota. did you put castors on your 3'' lift? your toyota is familiar... im in brisbane. :beer:

You're definitlely not alone here there are quite a few Aussies here. yes i did have a castor correction done without it the thing drove like a Woolies shopping trolley. Now that you've seen mine how about you show us yours. (pics of Cruiser that is).

Last edited:
Probably fell off the t/case lever.:flipoff2::cheers:

Nice rig dude .. and for sure that's an awesome place to put your CB radio .. this cruiser come with double ( rear ) AC .. ?

aussie, looks good mate I have the same model, these guys sure get jealous about the diesel dont they.:beer:

And the dual fuel tanks and the manual gearboxes and the quad headlights and the chrome door handles and the black flares and the..........

:flipoff2:Did we mention the fuel economy?:flipoff2:

Tapage said:
Nice rig dude .. and for sure that's an awesome place to put your CB radio .. this cruiser come with double ( rear ) AC .. ?

Having the radio up out of the way is good. No tangles of the cord and gear shifter.

No it doesn't have the dual air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom