Rotor replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

We haven't really found any writeups on the actual steps to replace the rotors on a 2011 GX460. Admittedly, we don't have a manual, but I figured it would be easy to find. Is it pretty standard, or are there any special things you need to know? Also, can anyone confirm that the wheel studs are separate from the rotors?
Thanks in advance!
Erica

Hi all,

We haven't really found any writeups on the actual steps to replace the rotors on a 2011 GX460. Admittedly, we don't have a manual, but I figured it would be easy to find. Is it pretty standard, or are there any special things you need to know? Also, can anyone confirm that the wheel studs are separate from the rotors?
Thanks in advance!
Erica
Have tried looking here: GX 460 Manuals
on how to replace rotors?

Thanks Guys!

Didn't know those links existed! The truck has roughly 130k on it, but the rotors are warped & annoying the heck out of us with the vibration.

Thanks Guys!

Didn't know those links existed! The truck has roughly 130k on it, but the rotors are warped & annoying the heck out of us with the vibration.
With less than 60k miles on mine I had the same problem with chattering (vibrating) steering wheel when slowing down and stopping. I had my mechanic turn the rotors for about $150 and fixed the issues. But now at over 70k miles, it's starting again, just a little right now. And I get a little squealing, not loud or long, but again, it's there and my pads not close to needing replacement. I was told that it's just dirt in there causing the squealing.
I am NOT hard on my brakes (read: never need rotors or even pads). I don't ride my brakes, or hit them hard when wet, etc. all the things that would usually cause rotors to warp.
That is about the only thing I'm disappointed with my GX, is the brakes.
And since I'm on my little soapbox...
If I'm not careful in a panic stop, my brakes go form a controlled very quick slow down to almost complete lock with VERY little modulation between the slowing down to lock (anti-lock).
To help explain a little better, I'm not referring to the extent of locking up the brakes but just needing to stop quickly. I apply pedal pressure at a constant continual pressure in a panic stop (pressing further in the pedal). At a certain point it goes from a controlled stop and within a fraction of that same pressure, it goes to all out anti-lock with full nose dive.

So, anyone else have this issue? I feel like it may have something to do with the anti-lock system or pedal throw. Wonder if my lift and larger tires have anything to do with it. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom